Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Handguns
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old July 13th, 2020, 01:00 PM #1

Taurus recall

Is there any way to find out whether a Taurus you want to purchase used (or have purchased) was repaired during the recall?

I canít find an answer online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old July 13th, 2020, 02:56 PM #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaffakid View Post
Is there any way to find out whether a Taurus you want to purchase used (or have purchased) was repaired during the recall?

I canít find an answer online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get the serial # and call them.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who wish us harm." ---George Orwell
Name Taken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2020, 11:28 PM #3

Good luck!
Not to completely derail your thread but my experience was beyond awful with them. I had a firearm covered under the recall. Initially, they assured me they could repair the recalled issue, and if not, they would return my pistol as-is. Thatís not what happened at all, they refused to return my firearm stating their technician determined it was unsafe and non-repairable.
Long story short, I ended up with a non-comparable replacement, that I didnít want, and Iím still fighting to get the transfer fees refunded which they specifically promised years ago. Absolutely nonexistent customer service paired with no intent to repair their broken system. If you even hope for so much as a return phone call, follow up, or letter youíll be completely disappointed with the outcome.
I will never purchase another Taurus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dweaver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2020, 08:53 AM #4

https://www.taurususa.com/support/serial-number-lookup/

Has the number to call if it doesn't return the info you need
johnhmpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2020, 09:15 AM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post
Good luck!
Not to completely derail your thread but my experience was beyond awful with them. I had a firearm covered under the recall. Initially, they assured me they could repair the recalled issue, and if not, they would return my pistol as-is. Thatís not what happened at all, they refused to return my firearm stating their technician determined it was unsafe and non-repairable.
Long story short, I ended up with a non-comparable replacement, that I didnít want, and Iím still fighting to get the transfer fees refunded which they specifically promised years ago. Absolutely nonexistent customer service paired with no intent to repair their broken system. If you even hope for so much as a return phone call, follow up, or letter youíll be completely disappointed with the outcome.
I will never purchase another Taurus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Absolutely the same experience here with a Rossi. I should have never sent them the damn thing. STILL haven't gotten a replacement gun (Taurus) and like you I fully expect to never be reimbursed for the transfer fees, HQL, fingerprinting, and background check. I will never NEVER EVER buy a Taurus/Rossi product again.

-- Clint Eastwood
AKbythebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2020, 11:41 AM #6

Similar experience here. First case years ago I ordered a Ruger Hunter model revolver in .17 HMR with dual cylinders. Beautiful gun, but would lock up after 4-5 rounds due to close tolerances. Took it back to the dealer who sent it back and waited. Finally called Ruger and they told me they destroyed it. They sent me a check for about 85% of what I paid.

I Also bought a Taurus 24/7 OSS new. I had never fired it when the news came out about the possible AD. I took it to a local GS on this forum who said he would send it back to Taurus. 18 Months later I have no Idea what happened to it.

The thing that seems comical is in neither case did I ever receive any documentation that I no longer possess the gun.

As far as Ruger, I have always had good Service from them and continue to buy, Taurus on the other hand will never get my business. Besides their early 92's I haven't been impressed with their stuff anyway, especially the newer polymer stuff.
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
Ė George Washington
jr88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Handguns