• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I was in the appeals pipeline new permit arrived today.
    2768e58a515f777a0c7b3a8faf7a2235.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I just received an email from Trooper Hall of the licensing division concerning my permit modification.

"Due to the sheer volume of mod requests received, on top of the routine submission of renewal and original applications, were looking at a turnaround time of up to 90 days.

Thank you "

My complaint is specific to the lack of preparation of the MSP Licensing Division in anticipating the rush of permit restriction modifications. I am a business owner, and as such, my job is to provide timely service to my clients. We, the permit holders of the State of Maryland, are your clients yet the service we are getting is sub-par. Permit modifications are not supposed to take 90 days, yet this is what your organization is telling me.

The fact that your organization didn't expect such a rush for modifications shows just how out of touch you are with the permit holders and the ACTUAL legal jeopardy that those restrictions put us in. If you did understand this, then you would have anticipated that you would be inundated with modification requests.

For future reference, if the State of Maryland ever does go Shall Issue, you WILL be inundated with permit applications! So please prepare accordingly.
    Sincerely,

If this bothers you as much as it does me, I suggest you fill out this form from their website.
    https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...icensingDivision/ComplimentsorComplaints.aspx

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    If I had a permit, owned a business, in light of the new SOP, I would feel safe carrying unrestricted as soon as I mailed my letter.
    I couldn't think of a safer time to push the limit of a restricted permit.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I'm still debating taking the class. This smells funny, for MD, Kinda like a shooting before a SCOTUS decision ...

Congrats to everyone who is getting theirs changed.

divingraven

Apr 24, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Take it for what it's worth, and I'm not sure when they updated it, but this message appears, in red, on the Handgun Wear and Carry Permit page of MSP's licensing division:

Please note: Licensing Division is committed to processing all Handgun Permit Modification requests within 45 days. Questions and/or status updates should be directed to msp.handgunpermits@maryland.gov

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Take it for what it's worth, and I'm not sure when they updated it, but this message appears, in red, on the Handgun Wear and Carry Permit page of MSP's licensing division:

Please note: Licensing Division is committed to processing all Handgun Permit Modification requests within 45 days. Questions and/or status updates should be directed to msp.handgunpermits@maryland.gov

Well, that's new. They must have gotten their ass kicked with angry phone calls and emails, when's my mod going to be done! I was defiantly one of those people:)

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    For me I had a carry permit from 7-31-16 through 7-31-18. I let it expire because the restriction section just made it so difficult to comply with. On the way home I could not stop anywhere because I was deadly afraid of being found in violation. Then how do you comply with meetings involving school facilities or such. Because all they would have to do is say "You are outside of your restrictions" and you my friend were in a heap of trouble. Of course this move by MSP makes it easier to digest because you do not then have as many obstacles to the legality of your carry but it is still something you have to consider everyday. I would consider renewing but I do not relish the thought of starting back over at square one. Unfortunately, for letting it lapse this is the case. Any hoot good luck ladies/gentlemen. I will stew over this for a few days and decide if I should renew or not.

Btre

Sep 8, 2012
    Question: if MSP cashes your check does that mean they approved the modification? Or do that take your money either way?

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Question: if MSP cashes your check does that mean they approved the modification? Or do that take your money either way?

In my experience, yes. The last time I tried for a modification it was rejected and they sent me back my check. Everyone else posting on here is saying something similar that the check was cashed and then they received their permit

Gliderkit1

Aug 8, 2019
    Frederick county
    Have they cashed your check yet? They must be pumping these out like crazy. Half the laminate on the back of mine was not even attached and peeled back where it says restrictions-none will not be legible in about a week it will be worn off

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Have they cashed your check yet? They must be pumping these out like crazy. Half the laminate on the back of mine was not even attached and peeled back where it says restrictions-none will not be legible in about a week it will be worn off
    No. Not as of this afternoon. The Trooper told me they received 100 mod requests on that first day, Tuesday. So I am at least 100 back.

You said that you were also in the pipeline for a hearing so that might have helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom