Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I got mine! 27587
    Now the wait continues.

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    So bummed I missed round 2. Guess I’ll have to wait a few years for whatever is left in round 3 when they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I don’t think you’ll have to wait that long—it’s looking like there are only around 13k orders for 20k pistols.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    So bummed I missed round 2. Guess I’ll have to wait a few years for whatever is left in round 3 when they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I got all the info for this to my Brother, step by step instuctions, about 10 days before the deadline. He called me today and asked me when the deadline was. I told him a month ago and that he was SOL. He might be right there with you for round 3! LOL!

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    In my spam.
    "Your generated number: 20061"

Wonder when I'll get a call?

Whenever you do get that call that will be a great indication of when they begin to fill Round 2 orders. I’d imagine you’ll be day 1 or 2 once they start making the calls. Congrats!

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Going Service grade ? I see chatter about that vs Field

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You might get a choice an you might not. If I get a choice it will be Field an I'll ask to get something not heavily parked. Too many SG have the 80's TZ replacement slide. Difference in SG an FG? $100 an rust.

Service Grade $1050. Pistol may exhibit minor pitting and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition. Pistols may contain commercial parts.

Field Grade $950. Pistol may exhibit minor rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition. Pistols may contain commercial parts.

Rack Grade $850. Pistol will exhibit rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips may be incomplete and exhibit cracks. Pistol requires minor work to return to issuable condition but is functional. Pistols may contain commercial parts

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    30325 here.

I thought the number generation was going to be random; apparently not so. I sent my application in late Feb.

I also sent in a request for a Garand, even before the 1911. They still haven't charged my card.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    30325 here.

I thought the number generation was going to be random; apparently not so. I sent my application in late Feb.

Yes, from the CMP website, I thought so too. But it doesn't seem that way. I sent mine in at the beginning of March and I got 30504.

JoeR

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    When will you all know who won the lottery?

Everyone wins this lottery it is just to determine your place in line. They get all the orders then a random number generator assigns a number and they process the orders by the numbers. It gives everyone an equal chance without everyone trying to overnight ship or show up at their front door to get their order in first.

In the first round my brother got his in three months and I waited almost two years.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Got my call today at 9:55AM EST 9APR. Picked Field Grade (all three still available) an asked not to have a heavy parked one. Others 200 ahead of me where called 8Apr. Seems CMP has 7 phone lines. An whoever is working gets a stack. My caller said. "she does 25-35 a day". They close at 3:30PM EST M-F.

I'll post pics when it shows up.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Got my call today at 9:55AM EST 9APR. Picked Field Grade (all three still available) an asked not to have a heavy parked one. Others 200 ahead of me where called 8Apr. Seems CMP has 7 phone lines. An whoever is working gets a stack. My caller said. "she does 25-35 a day". They close at 3:30PM EST M-F.

I'll post pics when it shows up.

Wow! using that info I may be getting my call around mid-June, a lot quicker than I thought. I can't usually answer my phone right away at work, hopefully they leave a meassage so I can call back?

What made you choose field grade? I need to figure out what I want to request

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Wow! using that info I may be getting my call around mid-June, a lot quicker than I thought. I can't usually answer my phone right away at work, hopefully they leave a meassage so I can call back?

What made you choose field grade? I need to figure out what I want to request

Call will come from (256) 770-????, they will leave a message if you don't answer. That adds time, if they don't hear from you then the e-mail goes out an the 5 days start. Everybody should track the numbers on the CMP forums.

https://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110

As for why I picked Field over Service? Easy, I didn't want a heavy parkerized 1911 with a TZ slide. Service goes by looks. I read the 1911 forums from the first round. Some people are pissed that the Fields are better pistols. They all are mix masters. An I never was issued a pretty 1911A1 by Uncle Sugar. I carried a 1911/A1 for a long time as a 95B. The M9 replaced her in Sep 1990, because 45ACP wasn't available in the Desert (BS Tankers still had M3 Grease Guns!!!).

https://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=274987

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom