• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Close to Westminster, in Hampstead, be sure to check out the Chef Jeff Experience on Main Street.

Be warned, it is not "kid friendly", it is BYOB (for wine), there are about 8 tables in the entire place, and it is not a "quick meal".

I've been twice for breakfast. Good food, but you can tell it is a 2 person show in the mornings. Service was okay both times but the food was great.

I'm waiting to get a babysitter lined up before taking the wife for dinner.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I had pulled pork and the wife had baby back ribs. wasn't bad it just wasn't that good. I like Black Hog much more.

Ribs are always tough because anything other than fresh off the smoker are sub-par. Their pulled pork is decent, but the brisket cheesesteak and wings are second to none. The Carolina Reaper wings are sweet and medium hot, but the flavor is fantastic.

kennyd

The "HOOK" guy
    Jul 28, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    Necro-thread alert :lol:

We went he Uncle Matty's last night, been awhile since we've been there. They where very busy, and the food/service was great as always.

As a bonus, they have this sign posted behind the bar, luckily mine remained holstered the entire time:

IMG_2530.jpg

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I was out at Maggie’s last night and didn’t see any signs either way. I’ve never been to Uncle Matty’s, but I’m thinking I may need to venture over there.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Necro-thread alert :lol:

We went he Uncle Matty's last night, been awhile since we've been there. They where very busy, and the food/service was great as always.

As a bonus, they have this sign posted behind the bar, luckily mine remained holstered the entire time:

View attachment 433547
    I haven't been there since before Covid. I don't carry, but it would be good to support a pro 2A business. They're only 5 minutes away as I live just down 31, so it's a quick ride.

Teacher2

Apr 25, 2022
    Maryland
    Try Mission BBQ in the 140 Village Shopping Center. GREAT food and plenty of it. Always honoring Fire Fighters, Military, Police and First Responders.

mikeasu

Feb 5, 2022
    X2 for Rafael's - While I like Rocksalt, love that Rafael's does reservations for 3, and their steak and oysters are comparable to Rocksalt IMO.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Try Mission BBQ in the 140 Village Shopping Center. GREAT food and plenty of it. Always honoring Fire Fighters, Military, Police and First Responders.
    My wife and I just went there last Friday. She loves that place, as do I. Like Chick Filet, is has consistently excellent service, and good food.

O'Lordans is great, Forbidden City is great. I am not a fan of Chinese food, but the wife loves it and FC is nice, so I don't mind going with her.

Since Maggies changed ownership, their place has gone downhill. Mediteraneos (sp?) in Westminster is pretty good. I think Classico has the best pizza but their service sucks, so don't be in a hurry, or expect fast, friendly service.

Beefcube

Sammich King
    Mar 15, 2011
    Westminster
    Just got done talking to Matty and a very good commercial realtor tonight about guns, ammo and whatever came up.
    Showed them this thread and it started another 30 minute talk on different businesses.

Next time ask Matty about his other notice posted !!!!

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Buds Tavern Silver run
    The wife and I ate there on our way to Niagara Falls last year. The food was good but the place somewhat confuses me. Does it want to be fine dining or casual fare? The menu is closer to bar food, but the service is fancy. I did not dislike it, but it just had a very strange “feel” to it. They do seem to have a lot of regulars, which is a good sign of consistent quality.

HoCoRes

Aug 22, 2014
    Howard County
    The wife and I ate there on our way to Niagara Falls last year. The food was good but the place somewhat confuses me. Does it want to be fine dining or casual fare? The menu is closer to bar food, but the service is fancy. I did not dislike it, but it just had a very strange “feel” to it. They do seem to have a lot of regulars, which is a good sign of consistent quality.
    I’ll second this. The food was very good but I wasn’t sure if they were trying for a fine dining experience or something more casual. My wife and I will definitely go back again.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Went to Plum Crazy Diner this morning for breakfast. Chicken biscuit was very good. French toast is also :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kennyd

The "HOOK" guy
    Jul 28, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    Buds Tavern Silver run

I’ll second this. The food was very good but I wasn’t sure if they were trying for a fine dining experience or something more casual. My wife and I will definitely go back again.
    Ken and his wife (the owners) are both gourmet cooks, they do a fabulous job!

Casual in the bar, fine dining in the other room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom