• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    So, if I can’t find any stores in MD or VA with mags for P365XL, how Do I procure a 12 or 15 round mag online, that are in stock? Do I have them sent to a VA FFL?

If the seller will do it, you can have it sent to any VA address.

Even ship UPS with hold at a VA UPS store will work.

FFL is not required.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So, if I can’t find any stores in MD or VA with mags for P365XL, how Do I procure a 12 or 15 round mag online, that are in stock? Do I have them sent to a VA FFL?

I ordered mags directly from SIG's online store, and had them sent to a friend's wife's office in VA. She's used to it.

Just don't forget: your friend can't bring them back to you in MD, you have to meet across the river and have them change hands there so they're in your possession when you re-enter MD.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I had a great setup.

My boss, who was a shooter, lived in WV. Office was in VA. I would ask him, he would order to his house, then bring them to the office. I would pay him, done. :D

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I had a great setup.

My boss, who was a shooter, lived in WV. Office was in VA. I would ask him, he would order to his house, then bring them to the office. I would pay him, done. :D

Interesting. Out of curiosity, why didn’t you just order them yourself when you were in the office, and have them delivered there? With his approval, of course...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RedRider48

Jun 11, 2020
    Severna Park, MD
    Ok, hypothetical ...You buy a handgun online it has a 12 round mag. It's shipped it to your local FFL. The FFL "pins" the mag to hold 10 rounds before the 77-R is submitted. The 77-R is submitted as a handgun w/10 round mag. Seven days later, the letter arrives Congratulations ....Yada, Yada, Yada!
    Can this work? I guess, only if your FFL will pin the mag?

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Ok, hypothetical ...You buy a handgun online it has a 12 round mag. It's shipped it to your local FFL. The FFL "pins" the mag to hold 10 rounds before the 77-R is submitted. The 77-R is submitted as a handgun w/10 round mag. Seven days later, the letter arrives Congratulations ....Yada, Yada, Yada!
    Can this work? I guess, only if your FFL will pin the mag?

Yes, but you hit the nail on the head. Many FFL’s don’t want to do pinning. There was a thread about this recently. Two, I think.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Except that " submitted as a handgun w/ 10rd magazine " isn't really a thing . In Md you may purchase ( an otherwise magazine equipped ) handgun without any magazines at all .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It's interesting and perhaps amusing (depending on your level of cynicism) to witness the willingness to extend assistance and information to people whose intent seems to be ferreting out tools to use against us.

This seems to be the same technique that permits terrorists and the like to utilise our legal protections to spread chaos; it's just on a far lower level. It's a problem facing open societies when confronted by subversives in sheep's clothing. Hard to counteract, especially in undeclared war.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    The benefit of pinning are two-fold.

1. A person that commits mass murder will not carry more than 1 magazine at a time.

2. 10 people dead is sad, 11+ people dead is a tragedy.

In the meantime let’s continue to revolve people in and out of the justice system that have shown a proclivity to violence and preying on others and enact laws that hopefully they will begin to follow, starting NOW.....

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    In the meantime let’s continue to revolve people in and out of the justice system that have shown a proclivity to violence and preying on others and enact laws that hopefully they will begin to follow, starting NOW.....

That’s the real answer, isn’t it? Holding people accountable for following the laws already on the books? But no, you try to suggest this and you are told that “mass incarceration doesn’t work and it racist”. Clearly, no one is saying round of groups of people (or specific races of people) and incarcerate them. Problem is, cops have been known to do just that while claiming to be tough on crime. The flawed implementation seems to justify that the premise (holding people accountable) is somehow flawed. It’s logic by people that don’t understand logic.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    It's interesting and perhaps amusing (depending on your level of cynicism) to witness the willingness to extend assistance and information to people whose intent seems to be ferreting out tools to use against us.

This seems to be the same technique that permits terrorists and the like to utilise our legal protections to spread chaos; it's just on a far lower level. It's a problem facing open societies when confronted by subversives in sheep's clothing. Hard to counteract, especially in undeclared war.

My stance might sound a bit off the wall, but I hope they ban magazines (and many other items, look at comiefornia) sooner than later. I know, crazy right. Hear me out. They are inevitably going to do it. Here is my reason for wanting it sooner than later.

If they do it sooner, it will be faster and affect more people. This helps our cause and hurts theirs.
    **until we are unified they will walk all over us. It will take something big that they do (making us all felons) for all of us to unite as one and say "enough".
    Until they do something that affects everyone, there will be no line drawn in the sand by our side.
    The little encroachments they have been doing have been working for them. The only way the blind people on our side will wake up and take a stand is if they do something drastic and we can finally put this issue to rest.
    If it happens in 20 years instead of now, there will be so many small infringements that we will be used to that one more just wont matter and people will go along with it.

I'd like to see something like a ban on any weapon that holds more than 2 rounds "because 2 is all you need to hunt". Some ban that would unify our side because our side is not at this time unified and other than an extreme overreach from them will not change our side and we need to be more together.

These little concessions that our side gives over and over and over continue.

I'll ask this to prove my point>>>
    question: if 80% weapons are banned will our side fight the fight to change it?
    my answer: probably not

why?
    because it does not affect enough people. so it will be another liberty gouging infringement and we won't want to "die on that hill"

Let me show a questions that proves how our side will win>>>>
    Question: if there were a ban on any magazine fed weapon would our side fight to change it?
    my answer: absolutely 110% yes.

Why?
    Because it affects enough people to effect change and finally stop the overreach.

Until there are enough people affected by an infringement, nothing will change.
    It's the reason why they boil the frog so slowly.

Last edited:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    The first rule of standard capacity mag club is: don't talk about standard capacity mag club.

Because it is inevitable that the MD GA will come back around to fix this "loophole" in their long game of maximum infringement. Knowing how those clowns think, they will go for a ban without grandfathering, and instantly felonize lots of MD citizens. And then off to court it will go, also inevitably all the way to the SCOTUS. Which is why even though we have no chance of creating a non-lefty legislature in this state, and have seen our last even vaguely fair-weather conservative governor, the person in the White House and control of the senate is absolutely vital when multiple SCOTUS seats will shortly be rotated.

Support MSI in pursuit of the litigation on this we all know is coming, but support toss-up senate races in other states to keep Schumer from running the SCOTUS approval show. And do anything possible to keep Biden's puppeteers from gaining the White House. Otherwise, it will get a lot worse in MD than just being told to surrender your standard capacity mags.

^^THIS. Besides, a Search would reveal there's dozens of threads/posts that answered the question already

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    All these discussions remind me of my HQL class which spent way too much time trying to figure out every nuance of the mag law when the basic answer is righ out there.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    All these discussions remind me of my HQL class which spent way too much time trying to figure out every nuance of the mag law when the basic answer is righ out there.

And actually, there really aren't any nuances about it to break down to ridiculous.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018

Bob gets it.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    This law takes about 4.467 seconds to show in a class. I have found people really really want to read more into it. While it is silly it is clear.

TD

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Bob gets it.

This implies the only people asking are anti2a and that EVERYONE that is pro2a understands every sentence in COMAR and MSP regs

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Nothing has been said in this thread that hasn't already been posted many times in the past seven years and available by searching the forum. It would be nice if the new members would stop in the introductions section of the forum and tell us a little about themselves so we don't automatically assume they are anti gun spies and also try to find the answers to commonly asked questions but we know from experience that wont happen.

So we might as well tell them what they want to know and maybe we can build some new strong gun rights supporters who will help us in the upcoming fights in Annapolis. Hopefully they will all also support Maryland Shall Issue (MSI) through membership and donations so they can continue to fight these unconstitutional laws in the courts.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Nothing has been said in this thread that hasn't already been posted many times in the past seven years and available by searching the forum. It would be nice if the new members would stop in the introductions section of the forum and tell us a little about themselves so we don't automatically assume they are anti gun spies and also try to find the answers to commonly asked questions but we know from experience that wont happen.

So we might as well tell them what they want to know and maybe we can build some new strong gun rights supporters who will help us in the upcoming fights in Annapolis. Hopefully they will all also support Maryland Shall Issue (MSI) through membership and donations so they can continue to fight these unconstitutional laws in the courts.

I think you’re serious, but there’s an undertone of snarkiness, too. If that’s not intended, I apologize for reading too much between the lines.

The search feature on forums stink. Period. That’s why no one uses them. Even those that try have difficulty. Can’t tell you how many “what’s the best oil?” threads there are each WEEK in motorcycle forums. Maybe because people don’t find the searches easy, perhaps because they are lazy. Or maybe they never noticed the search. Who knows. Point is, people ask instead of researching. It’s human nature and getting some repeat questions is typical.

And people do visit the new member forum. When I was new I was specifically asked to do so. I didn’t realize it was a “thing” until someone mentioned it to me. But even then, what would that do? If an anti came to the forum, wouldn’t we expect them to have a fake story? No one really describes themselves anywhere on here anyway, for fear of being identified IRL.

I think the whole purpose of topical forums like this are to discuss issues, share ideas and learn. So there will be questions of all types - newbies and advanced, both. I agree with you that it’s in our best interest to help those that want to learn, learn. And to help those that don’t understand all the nuances of the Md code operate legally though it. Most of the questions I’ve seen lately that have caused the most discussion are simple questions about how to legally navigate through the confusing MD legal system. It behooves us all to help educate the less knowledgeable and not dismiss them with childish references to Fight Club. The antis are working to educate newbies towards their cause. We should do the same.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I agree, many or most forum's search sucks and using Google to search that forum works better - BUT NOT IN THIS CASE! Ours actually works.

It sucks that most don't work and give them all a bad rap, leading people to look for the shortcut of asking instead of the real shortcut of using the search engine.

Again, OURS WORKS

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom