• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Interesting reviews about Box Hill here. Looks pretty rare on a quick Google of the internet review world. I've always liked their appetizers, pizza and subs.

I'm not helpful, I don't do crabcakes.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Interesting reviews about Box Hill here. Looks pretty rare on a quick Google of the internet review world. I've always liked their appetizers, pizza and subs.

I'm not helpful, I don't do crabcakes.
    A guy at work swears by Box Hill, and he has had (and likes) Pappas and G&M.

Like most anything on MDS, you can find 100 people that think it's the greatest, and 100 people that think it's the worst.

Wife and I love Fratelli for both the crab cakes and the Italian (unlimited salad & breadsticks like so many places), but I'm sure we couldn't give a gift card for there to Name Taken. :)

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    The last 2 times I got crab cakes from g&m they were disgusting. I told my now wife how good they were and we were both severely disappointed. I got sick the 2nd time. Roy kwik korner is great, I always get a side of cream of crab soup when I go there. We were not impressed with papa's in Glen Burnie, they were ok at best.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Like most anything on MDS, you can find 100 people that think it's the greatest, and 100 people that think it's the worst.

Wife and I love Fratelli for both the crab cakes and the Italian (unlimited salad & breadsticks like so many places)

Agreed on the crab cakes, the italian is ok

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I had an excellent crab cake yesterday at the Olive Branch in Pikesville. It is right next to the Ramada Inn, near Target.

There was a spicy bite to it, probably Old Bay, that I don't remember from G&M and Pappas.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    I had an excellent crab cake yesterday at the Olive Branch in Pikesville. It is right next to the Ramada Inn, near Target.

There was a spicy bite to it, probably Old Bay, that I don't remember from G&M and Pappas.

The Olive Branch used to be a Christian Book store, did you mean Olive Tree?

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    The Olive Branch used to be a Christian Book store, did you mean Olive Tree?

X marks the spot. I was there where the search for "Olive Branch" just sent me. I've never heard about a Christian book store.

Attachments

• IMG_4315.jpg
      IMG_4315.jpg
      43 KB · Views: 279

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    X marks the spot. I was there where the search for "Olive Branch" just sent me. I've never heard about a Christian book store.

Interesting. Olive branch was a Christian book store as well. There was one in the Harford mall a while back. And I knew there was an olive tree restaurant in Glen Burnie and Aberdeen. Been to both.

Dsnyder

MDS Supporter
    Jun 23, 2015
    Baltimore
    Best crab cakes for me this year have been at patapsco ave flea market in landsdowne.Same people have a stall at the Amish markets in hunt valley. I think a large crab cake was $ 15.00.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I think Papas is the best for crab cakes, but I grew up right on the other side of Perring Parkway from there so I may be a little biased. Out of everywhere I've been in the country I still think Marias there at Perring and Taylor has the best pizza I've ever eaten. G&M will do if you are already down south. Box Hill isn't bad for up north. I dated a girl in Bel Air who swore by them, until I introduced her to Papas. I wasn't impressed with Kokos but if you are in Hamilton and don't want to drive to Parkville they will work. They aren't bad, but don't compare to the others listed here IMHO.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    If you decide to go to the inner harbor, I love the crab cakes at Silver Moon II which is right next to the Cop Shop. You can tour the Phoenix Shot Tower while you are there. I have not been there in 2 years but it was great then.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I gotta put Roy's up in the soup battle.....Cream of Crab and MD Style.....oh, and their Oyster Stew is pretty kickin' too (when available, seasonal) Both of their crab soups have done very well in the MD Seafood Festival contests.

I know a lot of you folks have LE backgrounds......Mr. Roy.....a.k.a. Sgt. Wagner, was retired MSP. He passed a few years ago, his wife, son, and daughter run the place now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom