• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winephile

Jun 16, 2017
    AA County, Maryland
    Trying to figure out the best strategy to arrive at my goal. Open to suggestions.

Goal: end up with an Armalite tactical 308; a solid foundation AR15, and a Kimber micro CDP (LG).

308: I have an Armalite AR-10 A2 (B). Purchased it in the late 90s, but there are less than 500 rounds through it. I'd like to end up with an AR-10T (A). Ideally, I would find someone with the AR 10 T who wants to swap it for the AR 10 A2. Haven't found any real market for selling the complete upper for the A2, or for buying a complete series B AR-10T upper to put on my A2 lower. I will probably keep the PRS stock and put the original A2 start back on.

223: I have a Ruger series 184 factory folder in stainless. The rifle is in 95% or better condition. It seems as though its value is between 1000 and $1200. I'd love to be able to convert it into the Armalite 18" tactical carbine. The picture has my Romeo 5 red dot, which I will probably keep for the next gun.

.380 Kimber Diamond: I received the Diamond, but I'm not much for the refined finishes and scroll work. My preference would be for a micro CDP with the laser grip. However, there is probably a value difference between the two that I would like to roll into one of the other transactions above.

It is a tough, multivariable problem.

Suggestions are welcome, and desired.

Attachments

• IMG_2430.jpg
      IMG_2430.jpg
      35 KB · Views: 428
    • IMG_2463.jpg
      IMG_2463.jpg
      118.7 KB · Views: 412
    • IMG_2427.jpg
      IMG_2427.jpg
      77.4 KB · Views: 406
    • IMG_2402.jpg
      IMG_2402.jpg
      74.5 KB · Views: 409
    • IMG_2384.jpg
      IMG_2384.jpg
      32.4 KB · Views: 406
    • IMG_2394.jpg
      IMG_2394.jpg
      39.7 KB · Views: 410

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I think what you are trying to do will be hard if not impossible as it would take someone with the items you want who values what you have highly. It may happen but is not likely. May want to think about simply selling and buying what you want.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Sell them all and get what you want. Depending on what you are looking at to replace these, you'd maybe have to come up with some cash to make up the difference.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    You understand that the "A" model Armalite AR10 and "B" model Armalite AR10 are different. The "A" model takes PMags, and the "B" model takes Armalite magazines (I don't know if the uppers are interchangeable as well). The AR10T comes in a B model and A model. I don't know if you want to keep using the Armalite magazines or change to the Pmags. The B models are not in high demand right now, so finding parts will be tricky. I am looking for a B model carbine to go with my 10T. The carbine would be a project gun for the most part.

Q

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    Love that mini, and at risk of being a downer: can that even be transferred in MD anymore? I was under the impression that the Mini-14 is banned with the factory folder. I'd keep that sucker forever if I had owned it prior to FSA 2013.

Winephile

Jun 16, 2017
    AA County, Maryland
    Love that mini, and at risk of being a downer: can that even be transferred in MD anymore? I was under the impression that the Mini-14 is banned with the factory folder. I'd keep that sucker forever if I had owned it prior to FSA 2013.
    You're right. It is an enumerated gun in the 2013 AWB. Just saw that. Thanks! (Guess that answers one question.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom