• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    You would think that an organization with all the tools at it's disposal could look up your friggin phone number, rather than blindside you with troopers at your front door.
    Never discount the show of force for coercion and intimidation.
    They want to blindside people. They want the person "off-kilter" when they talk to them; it makes people more likely to spew crap and incriminate themselves for other issues.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    They want to blindside people. They want the person "off-kilter" when they talk to them; it makes people more likely to spew crap and incriminate themselves for other issues.

Looks like it worked in both cases. Both OPs said something to the effect that they just went along with it and then later had second thoughts. If the police show up at 6:00 I'm thinking something very bad has happened to a loved one or my property. I'd be relieved to find out their visit was to clear up an administrative matter...until they left and it all sunk in.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    I may seem a bit strange to many but I never answer my door unless I know who is their ahead of time and I confirm same through video/audio.

Just because someone knocks and says police and are dressed like police doesn't mean it is.

If the police want access to me in person then they must do so by formal legal means. Not just showing up at my door. Not calling me on the phone - all phones calls go to voice mail.

Issue a search or arrest warrant or stay the heck away.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Looks like it worked in both cases. Both OPs said something to the effect that they just went along with it and then later had second thoughts. If the police show up at 6:00 I'm thinking something very bad has happened to a loved one or my property. I'd be relieved to find out their visit was to clear up an administrative matter...until they left and it all sunk in.

Again...6:00AM is only a bit later than the standard 4:00AM-5:30AM door kicking that no-knock squads are known for. There is a distinct reason that the three stories "spun" here, have very similar, and disturbing, "facts."

:tinfoil:

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Just spoke with MSP this morning. HBAR clones of the Colt HBAR are NOT regulated. Shy of an interesting situation such as this above....MSP does not even have immediate knowledge of your ownership of a non regulated firearm.

This would not be the first time the left and right 'hands' at MSP did not know what the other was doing. Probably won't be the last either.:sad20:

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Again...6:00AM is only a bit later than the standard 4:00AM-5:30AM door kicking that no-knock squads are known for. There is a distinct reason that the three stories "spun" here, have very similar, and disturbing, "facts."

:tinfoil:

Wouldn't be surprised if there was an entry team staged around the block

Bob.Bee

Oct 13, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    Did your "friend" get the Ar-10 from SSG Tactical, as in the other two reported incidents?

I thought ATF was only concerned about Federal law. Now ATF is reporting sales that may not be kosher to the MSP? Sounds fishy to me. :tinfoil:

He got it from SSG at the Chantilly Show last year...

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    F - Maryland! This is why we are voting with our feet and taking our tax revenue to freer states.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    So are you guys saying a MD compliant mp15 is subject to bringing this unwanted attention just because the lower is not marked HBAR? I dont understand, they can now turn a rifle into something it isn't?

An ar15 lower is an ar15 lower is an ar15 lower.

It does not matter what sits on top of it. The lower is the firearm. The lower is an ar15.

They're doing this because you can take off the HBAR and put on an LBAR in about 10 seconds. 15 seconds if you're swapping out the BCG.

How many thousands of Maryland people own PA and VA "Cash and Carry" ar15's???

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    They're doing this because you can take off the HBAR and put on an LBAR in about 10 seconds. 15 seconds if you're swapping out the BCG.

Doing so is already a state felony, not much different than putting an SBR upper atop a lower is a federal felony if not registered per NFA (ignoring constructive possession for the sake of argument).

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Doing so is already a state felony, not much different than putting an SBR upper atop a lower is a federal felony if not registered per NFA (ignoring constructive possession for the sake of argument).

Are you saying that putting an m4 style, lightweight contour, 16 inch barrel on a non-registered/cash n carry ar15 lower is a State felony pre 10-1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom