• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    http://dro.ps/b/Auifx79/l

I own all three of these, and will admit, they are the ultimate ultra concealable, effective knives for their size/stealth.

This is the first time I've seen the price drop to $20 for these excellent knives.

Each model has slightly better usage, hard to argue against or for any one style. The Tanto is probably best for stabbing/penetration, the Bowie probably better for slashing/animal skinning, and the Wharncliffe is easiest for shaving/kitchen duties.

All designs lead to one minimalist function, held tightly by minimal surface contact. Extremely effective.

http://dro.ps/b/Auifx79/l

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    MD-17655_20160405123236_be3957d0ba2041c8.jpg

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Specs

CRKT
    Blade: 5Cr15MoV stainless steel with bead-blasted finish
    Handle: Polished resin-impregnated fiber
    Blade type: Bowie, tanto, or wharncliffe
    Grind: Hollow
    HRC: 55-57
    Blade length: 2 in (5.1 cm)
    Blade thickness: 0.1 in (0.25 cm)
    Overall length: 5 in (12.7 cm)
    Weight, knife: 1.2 oz (34 g)
    Weight, with sheath and lanyard: 2.1 oz (59.5 g)
    Included

Glass-filled nylon sheath
    Paracord lanyard
    Shipping

All orders will be shipped by the vendor.

Estimated ship date is June 26, 2017.
    After the drop ends, payment will be collected. To deliver the best value to the group the request will then be submitted to the vendor up front, making all sales final. Be sure to check the discussion page for updates.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    These are cool. I've been thinking about getting a neck knife for awhlie, but i'm never sure about whether it's legal to carry them in MD which is why I've avoided it.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    These are cool. I've been thinking about getting a neck knife for awhlie, but i'm never sure about whether it's legal to carry them in MD which is why I've avoided it.

You bring up an excellent point.

(pun unintended)

On one side you could argue they are technically 'fixed blades', and therefore possibly illegal concealed anyway.

But on the other side you might consider that if one has a W&C permit in Maryland (many do), it's completely legal, even a much larger knife. Besides, for those that work at or occasionally enter a federal building, it only says blade length must be less than 2.5".

Other than consideration as a possible (backup) weapon these little knives make great everyday carry knives for all normal, regular purposes.

Last point, and once again I'm not an attorney, and I don't routinely look into these things... I've never seen a case of a regular person being even charged for carrying such as tiny utility knife in any setting in Maryland.

Enjoy, and good luck to us all.

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Thank you for the info. I have been thinking about buying the Wharncliffe but now I'm leaning towards the new Hawkbill / Talon version for EDC.

Attachments

• 51jtgWzho9L._SL1023_.jpg
      51jtgWzho9L._SL1023_.jpg
      22.6 KB · Views: 394

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I like the Wharncliffe design. It would probably be my choice for daily carry utility use. Way too small for self defense IMHO. Then again i can't imagine i'd ever pull a knife in self defense, ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom