• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    The Buck 110 is a good knife, but I don't think most 9 year Olds have the finger strength to work the lock without getting their fingers in the path of the closing blade. As a scout leader for a while, we used to recommend non lock blade knives to start out... Case, Barlow, etc. They're inexpensive... wally world has them... and sufficient to get started. Once your son has the finger strength for a lock blade knife... then I'd go shopping for real.

Ebay... caveat emptor.... there are so many fakes that I wouldn't want to spend more than $50 or so on anything... but I'm sure that would be enough to buy 2 or 3 PM2's from China... ;-) as others have said... research the sellers. I bought my current EDC knife... Spyderco Dragonfly Stainless... from a vender with 3000+ positives and a return policy.

Amazon... I thought they'd be ok, but they also sell fake knives... even the boxes and the product inserts look real. Beware of third party sellers. Spyderco and ZT seem to be the most often counterfeited. I got lucky on the Benchmade I bought... it was offered with Amazon Prime, so I didn't have to pay and wait for 3 months...

The knife center... this is where I'll likely make my next serious purchase. I'm going to buy a Paramilitary 2, and it seems to be about the most counterfeited knife there is. They also have about the best prices I've found as well.

Best of luck...

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've been looking for an affordable Spyderco Civilian, but there are so many nearly impossible to detect Chinese fakes out there that I've given up on ebay for one of these. I don't have the expertise to figure out which ones are real, so I'd prefer to buy from a reputable dealer.

However, for less pricey, or harder-to-fake knives, ebay is fine. I got most of my Benchmades from there.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I've been looking for an affordable Spyderco Civilian, but there are so many nearly impossible to detect Chinese fakes out there that I've given up on ebay for one of these. I don't have the expertise to figure out which ones are real, so I'd prefer to buy from a reputable dealer.

However, for less pricey, or harder-to-fake knives, ebay is fine. I got most of my Benchmades from there.

Awesome knife. Get one. Pay the ridiculous price. And never look back.
    Mine has been deemed my "city knife" for when the wife drags me to Baltimore.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    If you're up for a road trip and want to visit a " cathedral of edged tools" This place is worth the fuel, although not going to be budget minded. I make an annual pilgrimage.

Country Knives
    4134 Old Philadelphia Pike, Intercourse, PA 17534

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    If you're up for a road trip and want to visit a " cathedral of edged tools" This place is worth the fuel, although not going to be budget minded. I make an annual pilgrimage.

Country Knives
    4134 Old Philadelphia Pike, Intercourse, PA 17534

The running joke is it's just a massive personal collection, hence the insane prices. They do have a lot of stuff, and occasionally I'll handle a knife when I stop in to buy parts or tools from them, but just about everything is ABOVE MSRP. It works for the dicontinued or sprint runs, but hard to justify in many cases paying double what Knife Center has online

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom