• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    Palmetto State has what (I think) is a screaming deal on the RDB 5.56 Bullpup. Its short for MD specs, but I assume OK if you pin/weld a muzzle device on it. At $750/free shipping I'm seriously tempted.
    Anybody here have one? And how do you like it?

Attachments

• RDB.jpg
      RDB.jpg
      19.3 KB · Views: 1,746

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Bullpups often suffer from linkage issues and awful triggers. Depends on what you want to do with the rifle.

I own an SU-16C, and have shot a few other Kel-Tec products, though not any of their bullpups.

Kel-Tech makes fun, iightweight, and often interesting products but their reliance on poly construction held together by screws never sat right with me, especially after taking a couple apart. I'd strongly recommend you shoot one first before deciding.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I don't own one personally, but a couple guys at the club do. (One in 7.62, one in 5.56)

The trigger is better than I expected. That isn't to say it is good, but better than expected.

It is reasonably accurate, they both shot about 2.5 moa with milspec ammo (55gr and 147gr)

The biggest issue I saw was reliability. In both guns feed jams were common, about once every other mag. I don't know each owners cleaning/lubing routine, but I can say that reliability has been an achillies heel for keltec for a while now, which is a pity because I think Kel-tec is a really innovative company with some really neat ideas.

IMHO, keltec tends to field a design and use their customer base to reliability test it.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I’ve looked into these recently and as much as I wanted to get the 16” model with an extended brake pinned and welded, it just didnt make sense.

The 16” model compared to the 20” model is only about and inch shorter one the long muzzle device is installed.

I’ll add this to my list of things to buy when i move out of MD

Thalvid

Jun 28, 2019
    Firing pin

I have an RDB-C. It's very cool looking, and fun to shoot, but the firing pins last only a few hundred rounds. I've had two shear apart inside the bolt group in 5 months of owning it; about 600 rounds fired. Kel-Tec will sends you a new one when they break, though I'm not sure how many times they'll do that. It does tend to jam once or twice while emptying a magazine.
    13az8s0kxe731.jpg

Last edited:

Joshua

Jan 5, 2015
    I have one the only issue I have with it after 1 range trip, is I like to keep my right elbow close in while shooting and occasionally brass will land on my arm. Other than that i cant complain

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Kel-Tec are not custom shop or combat level pieces. Not even close, imo.

I like the ingenuity and innovation that they offer, for a cheap price!

Sirex