• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pope414

I hope this is not a dupe, i did look both here and on the web and I can't find an answer, Both Rogers and Gould Requests for Cert have been held. they were not denied or granted Cert. what happens if the SCOTUS ends its session without granting or denying cert in these cases. Do they get resisted for the next session in Oct.? ....What happens now???

Pope414

So that means that if by some strange stroke of luck NYC gets the case mooted then the court can go back and grant cert to Rogers or Gould? even if the term runs out before being mooted? I apologize if this is a stupid question.

Knuckle Dragger

May 7, 2012
    If NYSRPA vs NYC gets mooted, they can grant or deny any of the cases being held. I believe that there are 4 total cases being held: Gould, Rogers, Pena, and Mance.

That's my count as well - at least for 2A related cases. I imagine the court can do anything they want including relisting all four cases in OT2019. Their calendar and how they process cases is a function of the rules and traditions they've set for themselves over the years. They're not bound otherwise by law.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    If NYSRPA vs NYC gets mooted, they can grant or deny any of the cases being held. I believe that there are 4 total cases being held: Gould, Rogers, Pena, and Mance.

Malpasseo will be next on the hold list, as soon as the cert petition is filed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom