• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyrano_oneone

Dec 15, 2011
    Columbia, MD
    Hi,

I will be moving from Maryland to Delaware in the next few months. Is there anything I need to know about bringing my rifle and pistols to Delaware?

Any special way I should transport them in a car?

There must be a thread to talk about this, but I have not seen it.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    No suppressors, SBS's, destructive devices, or full-auto.

No registration.

Open carry legal in most places.

Open carry legal in vehicle, handgun in holster on dash is recommended.

The drive into DE is not the question/problem. Driving in MD is. If you follow MD law (outside of concealed carry, unless you have an accepted NR permit, MD permit no good in DE) you will not have a problem driving into DE. FOPA covers you. Print out a copy and carry it with you if concerned.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/delaware.pdf

Quixdraw

Feb 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    We settled on a house in Lewes in February; will gradually be moving things to DE with an eye to live there permanently in 2021/22. We drive by Bridgeville on the way in (about 25 minutes from the house); I'll need to check up on membership once we've permanently relocated.

Also appreciate the posts regarding the Delaware regulations and potential changes to existing laws. Hard enough to keep up with things nationally and in the People's Republic of Maryland.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Adit,

All the new shooters moving here we might need a new range in Sussex County?

I wished we had a Delaware web site like this one, maybe D.S.S.A. might consider it ?

Me too.

I think it is better to keep 2A forums and DSSA on their own, just like MDS and all of the MD 2A orgs. There are things that one may want to say that the other cannot.

I would like to see a better DE 2A forum pop up.

Well, hey neighbor!

We’ll be moving down to Lewes end of June.

Get settled in. We'll meet for a beer afterwards.

Agreed. Making the move in the near future as well. Only ranges I have heard of are JD Defense and Bridgeville.

There are a few more than that. Bridgeville is a club. Pretty much anyone can go to JD. They are still 30/45 minutes from the beach. It would be nice to have an indoor range down here. The closest is Dover.

To build one is about $35k per lane. If you figured 10 lanes you are looking at close to a half million dollars to get one started, not including the property. I don't know if the financials make sense. Maybe I'm wrong.

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    Me too.

I think it is better to keep 2A forums and DSSA on their own, just like MDS and all of the MD 2A orgs. There are things that one may want to say that the other cannot.

I would like to see a better DE 2A forum pop up.

I attended the NRA-ILA meeting in Georgetown last week; this was brought up by attendee's so I sent links to DSSA to look them over. DSSA is trying to move beyond their current web site that's always stale dated.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    My father-in-law and I have a membership to JD Defense. They do have a few lanes for rifles now.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Since you’re transporting across state lines, be aware of how you are transporting the ammo with your firearms.

“Under FOPA, notwithstanding any state or local law, a person is entitled to transport a firearm from any place where he or she may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he or she may lawfully possess and carry it, if the firearm is unloaded and locked out of reach. In vehicles without a trunk, the unloaded firearm must be in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console. Ammunition that is either locked out of reach in the trunk or in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console is also covered.”

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150101/guide-to-the-interstate-transportation

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    No suppressors, SBS's, destructive devices, or full-auto.

No registration.

Open carry legal in most places.

Open carry legal in vehicle, handgun in holster on dash is recommended.

The drive into DE is not the question/problem. Driving in MD is. If you follow MD law (outside of concealed carry, unless you have an accepted NR permit, MD permit no good in DE) you will not have a problem driving into DE. FOPA covers you. Print out a copy and carry it with you if concerned.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/delaware.pdf

Yep. Me a Md resident with Utah permit. I've checked with Utah

Will be CCW on vacation there along the beach. Much better than Ocean City.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Persons possessing a recognized license or permit to carry a concealed deadly weapon issued by one of the states listed may lawfully possess a concealed deadly weapon while in Delaware. Such persons are subject to and responsible for knowing and obeying all Delaware laws and regulations applicable to carrying or possessing of deadly weapons.
    For the period from January 15, 2019 to January 14, 2020, Delaware recognizes the concealed deadly weapon licenses or permits issued by following states:
    ALASKA
    ARIZONA
    ARKANSAS
    COLORADO
    FLORIDA
    IDAHO (Enhanced Permits Only)
    KANSAS

KENTUCKY
    MAINE
    MICHIGAN
    MISSOURI
    NEW MEXICO
    NORTH CAROLINA
    NORTH DAKOTA (Class 1 permits only)

OHIO
    OKLAHOMA
    SOUTH DAKOTA (Enhanced Permits Only)
    TENNESSEE
    TEXAS
    UTAH
    WEST VIRGINIA
    This list is made available to all State and local law-enforcement agencies within the State of Delaware and any license or permit recognized below is valid for one year and will not be removed without one (1) year’s notice of impending removal and no sooner than January 15 of the calendar year following the expiration of this one-year period. Notice of impending removal will be provided to the state in question and will be posted to this site. There are currently no notices of pending removal that would take effect January 15, 2020.

https://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/criminal/concealed-carry-deadly-weapons-ccdw/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom