• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HailVon

Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Indiana
    Hey I was wondering if they’re any good or not? Since I was thinking about possibly buying one.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Is the Rak22 like the Rak9, in the respect it is made in Romania, not Italy, and imported by Chiappa? How were the old Wasr 22s?

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    I have a RAK-22. It's a lot like the RAK-9. It's built on the exact same chassis. The balance is better, because the bolt isn't as heavy. I personally feel that the RAK-22 is more accurate at 50 and 100yds, but I can also chalk that up to ammo variances. I had no issues with the RAK-9 or RAK-22. I sold my RAK-9, because the RAK-22 was getting more range time and I needed to recoup some cash after buying an Arsenal 106. I'm happy to answer any questions about the RAK-22.

HailVon

Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Indiana
    I have a RAK-22. It's a lot like the RAK-9. It's built on the exact same chassis. The balance is better, because the bolt isn't as heavy. I personally feel that the RAK-22 is more accurate at 50 and 100yds, but I can also chalk that up to ammo variances. I had no issues with the RAK-9 or RAK-22. I sold my RAK-9, because the RAK-22 was getting more range time and I needed to recoup some cash after buying an Arsenal 106. I'm happy to answer any questions about the RAK-22.
    Thanks for responding man, and how reliable are they?

HailVon

Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Indiana
    I had a couple cycling issues with cheap ammo, but it's been 100% reliable with quality ammo, so typical 22.

The RAK-9, on the other hand, ate everything without complaint.

Yeah I’m just pretty divided because I’ve videos of them jamming, but it might just be bad ammo.

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    Yeah I’m just pretty divided because I’ve videos of them jamming, but it might just be bad ammo.

So, I've had mine for about a year and a half. I bought it on sale and with transfer included, I paid less than $400. I would not buy one at the prices I'm seeing now. It's not a $500 firearm, IMO.

It prefers higher velocity ammo: mini-mags, Winchester super-x, and Browning BPR. It's been 100% reliable with those brands.

I have only owned one 22 rifle that's not finicky about ammo and that's a CZ 452 LUX. Every other 22 has given me some issue about ammo, even bolt and lever actions.

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    Here is a video I found on the RAK22. Altlantic also has a video but it has less detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58zfzPnhfo0

If it will run standard mags:D, I may pick one up myself.

It does not run standard mags. It might run Black Dog mags with modification. Also, only 10 round mags are available from Chiappa. The mags are the weak point in this platform, but I still like mine.

HailVon

Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Indiana
    So, I've had mine for about a year and a half. I bought it on sale and with transfer included, I paid less than $400. I would not buy one at the prices I'm seeing now. It's not a $500 firearm, IMO.

It prefers higher velocity ammo: mini-mags, Winchester super-x, and Browning BPR. It's been 100% reliable with those brands.

I have only owned one 22 rifle that's not finicky about ammo and that's a CZ 452 LUX. Every other 22 has given me some issue about ammo, even bolt and lever actions.
    I appreciate it man, and I’m definitely thinking about buying one. Especially if I can buy a used one somewhere.

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    I appreciate it man, and I’m definitely thinking about buying one. Especially if I can buy a used one somewhere.

Not a problem. If it had a magazine adapter like the RAK-9, it would be a more awesome platform. The one thing I really liked about the RAK-9 was its ability to run glock mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom