• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hk21guy

Nov 12, 2009
    glen burnie/pasadena
    We bought a fnc on a form 4 and it took about 5 months to go through. We just got back some paperwork on some yhm cans for a couple guys took 5 months. are they starting to speed back up? I miss the days when it took about 45-90 days to go through.....

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    1. NFA Item: can
    2. Form Type: Form 4
    3. Transferee: Individual
    4. CLEO sign-off (sheriff): 3/15/09
    5. Received CLEO: 3/15/09
    6. Forms Sent: 3/15/09
    7. Forms Rec: 3/22/09
    8. Check Cashed:3/22/09
    9. Pending Date:6/02/09
    10. Examiner Name:Shredder Shipman
    11. Approved Date: 2/1/10
    12. Forms Received: 2/10/10

Shredder Shipman shredded my prints and asked for a second set 11/1/09. They were sent in the same day I received the notice. 3 months to approve from re-send date.
    How about that for patience?

NewGuy

Jun 17, 2009
    Prince George's County
    SBR Form 1 - RLT

I followed the instructions detailed on this website for establishing a Revocable Living Trust and filing an ATF form 1. Below is the timeline for approval of that submission :party29: just over 5 months :mad54: ;

1. NFA Item: SBR
    2. Form Type: Form 1
    3. Transferee: RLT
    4. MSP for CLEO: N/A
    5. Received CLEO: N/A
    6. Forms Sent: 9/11/2009
    7. Forms Rec:
    8. Check Cashed: 9/21/2009
    9. Pending Date: 10/13/2009
    10. Examiner Name: Barbara Payne
    11. Approved Date: 2/16/2010
    12. Forms Received: 2/22/2010

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    My timeline.

1. NFA Item: suppressor
    3. Transferee: Trust
    4. CLEO sign-off: n/a
    5. Received CLEO: n/a
    6. Forms Sent: 11/21/09
    7. Forms Rec: unknown
    8. Check Cashed: 12/9/09
    9. Pending Date:unknown
    10. Examiner Name:Sara Jones
    11. Approved Date: 2/23/10
    12. Forms Received: 2/27/10

Trust was a created by Quicken and modified to address NFA disposition in the event of the beneficiary being unable to legally possess an item.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    How was this accomplished using Quicken?

Went through the Quicken trust wizard, exported the document in rich text format and had at it with MS Word.

I added the following under "Part 11. Terms of Property Distribution". You'll see that I deliberately kept away from quoting any specific NFA transfer regulations in case those references became invalid. That sort of thing should probably be handled in the Letter to Trustees.
    In the event of a beneficiary being unable to legally possess one or more items of trust property, the property shall be sold in accordance with Maryland and Federal laws, and the proceeds of the sale be distributed to the beneficiary.

There were a few other edits concerning trustee powers and incapacity, but other than that I left it fairly standard.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    I recently submitted CCW applications for a few states. I wonder if having a bunch of recent FBI backround checks with prints will help it go faster.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    80 days including the day they received my paperwork according to USPS delivery confirmation.

3. Transferee: Trust (Guntrust Lawyer)
    6. Forms Sent: 12/09/09
    7. Forms Rec: Saturday 12/12/09 (USPS Delivery Confirmation)
    8. Check Cashed: Unknown (Money Order in Trust's Name)
    9. Pending Date: 01/19/10
    10. Examiner Name: Sara B. Jones
    11. Approved Date: 02/25/10
    12. Forms Received: 03/01/10 :party29:

One thing I want to note. I called the ATF on 02/26/10. They stated my form 4 was still pending and an examiner has not looked at it yet. However it was actually approved on 02/25/10. I got quite the surprise when 2A sales contacted me to tell me my tax stamp was in today.

ateixeira

Don't know shit!
    Jan 5, 2009
    MD.
    Went through the Quicken trust wizard, exported the document in rich text format and had at it with MS Word.

I added the following under "Part 11. Terms of Property Distribution". You'll see that I deliberately kept away from quoting any specific NFA transfer regulations in case those references became invalid. That sort of thing should probably be handled in the Letter to Trustees.

There were a few other edits concerning trustee powers and incapacity, but other than that I left it fairly standard.

Thanks for the info.

Dave_E71

Nov 11, 2009
    Supressor, this is my first dip in to the class III pool....
    Not exact dates but,
    Early June '09 it only took 2 weeks to get the paperwork back from MSP, I was really excited!
    Late June, early July my paperwork went into the apparent black hole we call the BATFE.
    As of today (3/4) still nothing........
    I'm considering some full auto fun but the thought of spending 10-15k and experiencing this type of wait makes this decision much more difficult.
    Any words of advice from those who've been through this before?

Thanks
    Dave

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Supressor, this is my first dip in to the class III pool....
    Not exact dates but,
    Early June '09 it only took 2 weeks to get the paperwork back from MSP, I was really excited!
    Late June, early July my paperwork went into the apparent black hole we call the BATFE.
    As of today (3/4) still nothing........
    I'm considering some full auto fun but the thought of spending 10-15k and experiencing this type of wait makes this decision much more difficult.
    Any words of advice from those who've been through this before?

Thanks
    Dave

I would call to check the status. I read on the internetz that some examiners don't really follow up on application problems other than sending a letter to the applicant. If the applicant never gets the letter . . . .?

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    (304) 616-4500

I called once and got a mailbox, didn't leave a message. Called back 30 minutes later and talked to a rep who helped me.

You will need the serial of your NFA item for them to look it up.
    Do you have your cancelled check? They might like to know when that cleared.

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    My timeline.

3. Transferee: Trust
    6. Forms Sent: 11/20/09
    7. Forms Rec: unknown
    8. Check Cashed: forgot
    9. Pending Date:unknown
    10. Examiner Name:Something Clutter
    11. Approved Date: 2/something/10
    12. Forms Received: 2/20/10

Dave_E71

Nov 11, 2009
    Check was dated 19 June and posted 16 September.
    With all of the Select Fire bashing that goes on here (I have no feelings one way or the other), I have to say that when I spoke with Wayne(?) about this, he was very helpful and said if I brought in a copy of the front and back of the check he would look into it and try to find out if there were any issues or if this is the new "normal" length of time now.....

On the other hand, I have a threaded 10/22 and I might have to go try out my toy there before I'm allowed to bring it home :)

Dave

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Just received a customers form 4 back. I don't know when the check was cashed, but the form was mailed off at the end of October. This was an individual, not a trust, and took just over four months. Before this one they were running six months. Sounds like things may be getting better ;)

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Good news on wait times. The aboved mentioned customer, we filled out paperwork in October, but I forgot he was out of town and couldn't get the LE sign off until November. Forms were mailed Nov 30th, approval arrived at my shop on March 4th. That's getting alot better then what it was a year ago.

Dave_E71

Nov 11, 2009
    WOOHOO, It's here, it's here!
    While I was at Select Fire yesterday with a copy of the check so Wayne could look into my issue, they received a handful of ATF envelopes, one of which had my forms in it! This thing is a hoot, both of my .22 uppers are having some work done on them so the only thing suppressor ready is my heavy barrel 10/22 which even with the can was keeping them in the 10 ring on the 100 yard small bore target (at 100 yards :D). I'm still grinning, I'd really like to try this on a bolt gun....

BTW the long wait is/was something to do with me, a guy I work with bought a can the same time I did but he didn't put his paperwork in until November and his approved form was in the same stack as mine :envy:

By the way, did I say how much fun this is? I'm like a kid at Christmas!

Again, I have to give Wayne the credit due, if the forms had not arrived he was going to check into the reason for the delay.

Wait, I have to say, I still have a big ***ed grin on my face

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom