• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I guarantee he's hooked! Nice bird! :party29:

You're up next Brian. :)

Going to Bass Pro this week, he wants to get his own calls and learn how to call on his own. He’s already put dates on the calendar to hunt this spring too.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    We were doing a Search and Rescue exercise today on State land off of Rt 32... had 5 teams of air scent dogs running and 2 horse mounted units. The air scent dogs are trained to find a live human... any human (tracking dogs will fix on the scent of a particular human). Of course the first person we found this morning was a turkey hunter. Oh well. I don't think the birds were sticking around with all that activity.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Congrats to your son shooting a really nice Tom.

Tell us how the hunt went.

Well from 7am until about noon it was everything you would expect and more from two rookie turkey hunters. Constant screw ups, but we are fast learners.

Around noon or so we were sitting by a tree with a bunch of hens in front of us and out of nowhere this gobbler comes strutting in. He saw the hens and made a B line for them which closed the distance and put him in shooting range.

Our hearts were pounding out of our chest, and then BOOM! The gun goes off, it was great!!!

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    We were doing a Search and Rescue exercise today on State land off of Rt 32... had 5 teams of air scent dogs running and 2 horse mounted units. The air scent dogs are trained to find a live human... any human (tracking dogs will fix on the scent of a particular human). Of course the first person we found this morning was a turkey hunter. Oh well. I don't think the birds were sticking around with all that activity.
    Was he actively hunting? Opens tomorrow. Ha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    I'm going out for the first time tomorrow. I got a primo call set cheap on amazon to get me started, and was just playing around with them in my living room, and 30min later a jake walked down the street. I was blown away lol. Never even seen a turkey around my house before.

midnightSGT

Oct 17, 2013
    Calvert County
    Any one do any good today. It was a beautiful
    Morning. I heard a couple gobble on the roost
    But they were silent once they flew down.

I was hunting public land in Calvert.

Try again tomorrow before the rain hits!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Never heard a gobble til after 10. Got on three toms, but was a bit out of position. They were on a ridge and i was below in a creek bottom. Never a good thing. I didn't push the issue. Tomorrow...

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Im.gonna try tomorrow, any tips? Hunting backyard so I can't get the owl call and find them... girsd cross fingers and hope they come over?

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I was out in Harford this morning. Been seeing them for two weeks. This morning all we got was two or three half hearted gobbles, then nothing. Sunday the big Tom was 50 yards from the house, no where in sight today.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Went to Bass Pro tonight with the kids. My oldest picked up a few diaphragm calls and is determined to have it figured out by our next hunt :thumbsup:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Brought one in for the youn-gin this morning. Playing around with his phone and didn't even see him come in till I pointed him out. Then the 1500 yard dash back to the truck to get out of the rain, be nice if it wasn't so muggy.

IMG_1127[5160].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom