• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duckslayer

Feb 3, 2009
    southern dorchester county
    What is the approximate value of a 1999 era Chinese SKS in near mint condition?
    I’m selling because I need to fund a new 10 /22 build?

Last edited:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    IMHO closer to the $400+ range as you say near mint and nothing like the bayonet missing or anything.
    Norinco with all matching and very little scratches, you could start at $425-450 in the classifieds and then drop to $400 if you need the quick sale.
    As with anything, if you want the best price, you have to wait for someone who really wants it.
    If no one around really wants it, it won't even go for $400 and would need to drop down till someone is bargain shopping.

Good Luck

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    IMHO closer to the $400+ range as you say near mint and nothing like the bayonet missing or anything.
    Norinco with all matching and very little scratches, you could start at $425-450 in the classifieds and then drop to $400 if you need the quick sale.
    As with anything, if you want the best price, you have to wait for someone who really wants it.
    If no one around really wants it, it won't even go for $400 and would need to drop down till someone is bargain shopping.

Good Luck

I’ll agree with that, they have been going up in price. Good luck OP

duckslayer

Feb 3, 2009
    Pictures

I think I have the scope that came with it as well.
    I have a synthetic stock as well. As to the bayonet It didn’t come with one.

Attachments

• 2A3BA207-2D05-402D-9AA9-CF7D66EC376F.jpg
      2A3BA207-2D05-402D-9AA9-CF7D66EC376F.jpg
      82.1 KB · Views: 423

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    The good news is it's worth far more than $400. Bad news is you must sell it out of state. Post-ban SKS-M from the looks of it?

duckslayer

Feb 3, 2009
    I bought it new in 1999 for the zombie apocalypse known as the Y2K bug.
    It’s been ignored in the safe ever since because no zombies.
    Anyway my office is in Delaware so I plan to sell it to a gun shop over there. I realize that I’ll take a little less for it so they can make a profit but I don’t want the hassle involved in involving a gun shop on a private transaction. There are no face to face sales legal in Delaware.
    As these obviously aren’t my area of expertise I posted to try to get a realistic value as a negotiating point.
    Thanks for all the help

duckslayer

Feb 3, 2009
    I’ve got better zombie rifles now .
    To clarify they didn’t appear at midnight on December 31 1999.
    I was really disappointed. One of my friends did pull the main breaker and we were all taken in for a few minutes.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    So the plot thickens... I can’t speak to the value of that piece but I can say I’ve bought some pieces from a member in PA and met at an FFL to do the transfer. I paid the small fee to the dealer and paid him and it was super easy so if it works the same for Delaware it’s not too bad

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    Retail could be nearing double the typical Norinco commercial SKS price. Seen as high as $900-$1,100 at gun shows in the past, but i'm not saying they sold at that price. Neat but never seemed worth that much to me. $700-800 seems to be the asking price range on broker. What will a shop offer? Hard to say, but I certainly wouldn't accept the standard Norinco SKS price.

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    I was looking for one before the ban hit in 2013, but the few that were for sale were at prices way more than what they were worth. I would expect a shop to try to get that $7-800 figure for it retail since it's really nice, so factor down from there. I'm no expert but there is a niche of desirability because of the mag feature. But this particular model was never a military weapon, just a commercial rifle made for the US market. If i'm wrong I hope someone else chimes in, i'm just basing it off of one pic with no markings. I do know in terms of value a Norinco SKS-M is greater than a typical Norinco commerical SKS. And even those things have really crept up into a solid price over the years.

Feb 28, 2013
    Ain’t my cup o’ joe, them thangs.

I prefer the military version. Seems more politically incorrect. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom