• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cicirich

Feb 10, 2013
    I’m putting together a new AR and was looking to have the lower, upper, and handguard cerakoted. I’m leaning towards OD Green but haven’t made up my mind for sure. Does anybody have any experience or seen work from any local shops within 1hr-1 1/2hr from DC??

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Following...

New walther LG400 coming for my youngest and she’s not willing to wait for the walther custom shop to do the work.

Also curious if cerakote should be the product or if powder coat would be a better choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Maryland Cerakote does nice work. They're local to Bel Air. MarylandCerakote.com

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I’m putting together a new AR and was looking to have the lower, upper, and handguard cerakoted. I’m leaning towards OD Green but haven’t made up my mind for sure. Does anybody have any experience or seen work from any local shops within 1hr-1 1/2hr from DC??
    Hanover Armory cerakoted my Ruger Precision Rifle 338 Lapua Magnum, in ODG coincedentally, and I couldn’t be happier. Highly recommend them. 2 min from BWI Airport off Dorsey Rd, 2 min from Bass Pro Shops too.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    great variety - I spoke with Hafer's earlier today and have every confidence he would do a spectacular job - the only catch is he's on a +- 45 day backlog and I doubt Claire will be interested in waiting that long. New airgun arrives in 2 weeks and the next Ft Benning match is at the End of March with the Jr Olympics in April.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Had Hafer's in Hagerstown customize a pre 64 Model 70 for me and he Cerakoted all the metal and did a great job.

Attachments

• IMG_7436.jpg
      IMG_7436.jpg
      114.9 KB · Views: 769

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Had Hafer's in Hagerstown customize a pre 64 Model 70 for me and he Cerakoted all the metal and did a great job.

I’ll ask him if he can shorten the window some. No way Claire can go without the airgun for 45 days given the upcoming competition schedule...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AOW162435

Jan 16, 2019
    Ellicott City
    Also curious if cerakote should be the product or if powder coat would be a better choice.

Cerakote is thin enough that threaded connections can be coated (or so I’ve heard). Not the case with powder coat.

Hanover Armory cerakoted my Ruger Precision Rifle 338 Lapua Magnum, in ODG coincedentally, and I couldn’t be happier. Highly recommend them. 2 min from BWI Airport off Dorsey Rd, 2 min from Bass Pro Shops too.

A good friend of mine was very pleased with a few pieces coated by Hanover Armory.

Andreas

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Engage Armament in Rockville, they do an outstanding job. Example 1 below.
    Their turnaround time was just over a week but I have no idea what it is right now.
    b2f81a0aeff964059837f70a0ef7e838.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Engage Armament in Rockville, they do an outstanding job. Example 1 below.
    Their turnaround time was just over a week but I have no idea what it is right now.
    b2f81a0aeff964059837f70a0ef7e838.jpg

Week!! They told me 3 months back in Sept.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    With those kind of turnaround times, sending it out may be faster.

I sent a Lilja barrel for my CZ455 out to Long Rifles Inc. Thread it, make a thread protector, Cerakote it. It arrive there on Thursday, they shipped it out Friday. Door to door, with UPS GROUND, was 7 days.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    humor me please, what did that that cost you?

(Cerekote job)

Honestly, I don’t recall. I’d have to try to look it up. I just brought in the box of parts and had them Cerakote it then I assembled everything. I’ll see if I can find the receipt this weekend

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    Duffy's Gun Room, milled and cerekoted a p320 slide for me. Looks great. Sadly the slide has been sitting in the range bag waiting for me to take it to the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom