Hirschfeld et al v BATFE (under 21 handgun purchases)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Judge Prado is a moron.

“Congress was focused on a particular problem: young persons under 21, who are immature and prone to violence, easily accessing handguns,” Judge Edward Prado wrote for the panel according to Reuters. “The present ban appears consistent with a longstanding tradition of age- and safety-based restrictions on the ability to access arms.”

Would he accept a ban on black and Hispanic gun purchases, since their violent crime rate is much higher?

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Unlike the CCW cases, this lawsuit could be filed anywhere.
    4th Circuit isn't friendly, they should be judge shopping just like the left does with immigration cases.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I thought that there was already a lawsuit in 5th circuit, and we lost.

ETA: I now see that they mention it at the bottom of the article. 5th circuit is pretty conservative. Not sure anyone will do better in the 4th. 4th will do a copy-paste and avoid a split.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    a particular problem: young persons under 21, who are immature and prone to violence

And they= Dems want to reduce the voting age to 16?

Get 'em while they're young, arrogant and stupid. By the time they realise how they were taken, it will be too late.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Unlike the CCW cases, this lawsuit could be filed anywhere.
    4th Circuit isn't friendly, they should be judge shopping just like the left does with immigration cases.

This is a new lawyer taking his shot he got barred in 2015. I doubt he is able to shop

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    The issue is still the idea that 2A is a second-class right. As far as I'm concerned, the amendment granting the franchise to 18-year-olds settled the matter. If you don't like it, repeal that amendment.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    government files its motion to dismiss

Attachments

• Hirchsfied MTD.pdf
      248.7 KB · Views: 150

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    SO when males turn 18 and go into the US Military and serve 2 or 3 yrs get out and can not buy a pistol??? but can go and die for our country it seems to me something is really wrong with this picture.... I would have an exception that if a male is serving in the US Armed forces he should be able to go buy a firearm since the military is giving him one to use anyway and teaching them how to use it..

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Funny when I was 18 I was a licensed armed security guard in Az, my older brother had to buy the pistol for me. It was legal to own and carry a pistol under 21, but you couldn't buy it at the store.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    SO when males turn 18 and go into the US Military and serve 2 or 3 yrs get out and can not buy a pistol??? but can go and die for our country it seems to me something is really wrong with this picture.... I would have an exception that if a male is serving in the US Armed forces he should be able to go buy a firearm since the military is giving him one to use anyway and teaching them how to use it..

To be picky, why a male? Why not ANY service member?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    To be picky, why a male? Why not ANY service member?

Ok I stand corrected to any service member. I still half asleep when I wrote that this morning. wife woke me up at 3:30am for no reason and went back to sleep until i had to get up to take care of business..

Why just a Service Member? Why not any 18+ male or female? Are they adults or not?

They can get married without "permission". They can vote. They can "choose" to go into the military. They can buy and register a vehicle. They can make their own medical decisions. They can have their own credit cards and can take out loans. They can travel the world on their own.

They can do all of these "big boy/girl" things except protect their lives.

Across state line purchase prohibitions are unconstitutional as well.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Ok I stand corrected to any service member. I still half asleep when I wrote that this morning. wife woke me up at 3:30am for no reason and went back to sleep until i had to get up to take care of business..

Man, I hear you on that. My wife likes to randomly wake me up. And not for fun. She can be back asleep in seconds. I am a natural insomniac...

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Judge Prado is a moron.

“Congress was focused on a particular problem: young persons under 21, who are immature and prone to violence, easily accessing handguns,” Judge Edward Prado wrote for the panel according to Reuters. “The present ban appears consistent with a longstanding tradition of age- and safety-based restrictions on the ability to access arms.”

Would he accept a ban on black and Hispanic gun purchases, since their violent crime rate is much higher?

Well, we could turn this on them (Dems/Left). You should be 21 to vote. You know because folks that aren't 21 or older, are immature and prone to making bad choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom