• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    :wtf: Those people shouldn't even have butter knives.

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    I remember years ago bein' at the Tackle Box looking at some firearms when 2 thug wannabe's walk in and ask to see a "neener" and a "four fifths".
    The employee says, "You mean a nine millimeter and a forty five"?
    So the employee proceeds to show the 2 guys a nine millimeter handgun.
    One guy grabs the gun and puts it down the front of his pants and asks his buddy, "Yo, how I look".
    Buddy says, "Tight...lemme try lemme try" and does the same with the handgun himself.
    Me and the employee just looked at each othe shaking our heads...

I walked into a shop and only caught part of the conversation.Apparently this guy had done the paper work for a handgun and was denied due to a couple assault charges.(what he stated)

He then proceeded to argue with the employee about getting "ALL" of his money back,when informed he couldn't get the MSP fee back he said "Alright that's cool,I'll just pick a different gun" :sad20:.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I was in Just Guns a couple of years ago when this mini thug came in (like 4 feet 9) accompanied by his stripper girlfriend ( 6 feet tall ) stripper clothes and all. He asks to see a Glock 40. He then tries it on like a previous post in this thread, front of the pants, and asks "if I buy this here, is there a place I can register it nearby?" After the guy at the counter told him what he would need to do to buy the gun he seemed to lose interest.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    One of my favorite questions from a guy trying to buy a gun

"this question about the charges, does it mean this state? I have a warrent in Californa, that does not matter here right?"

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    A long time ago, I was in a gunshop near Temple Hills, MD when a couple of gangbanger types walked in and asked if they can purchase ammo for a beretta 92. They apparently bought a brand new gun.. no papers required . hmmmmm?

The clerk sold them a couple of boxes of 9mm ammo.( remember the old " black talons) An hour later, they were back.
    Complaining to the clerk that the ammo does not fit. We asked.. are you sure its a 92 and not a 96?.. Yo man..Its a 92 aight...

So the now the shop owner gets involved and asked the two if they can bring the gun in so that he can check it out.

The two walked in with the two boxes of ammo.. the gun.....within 15 seconds..problem solved. The gun was indeed a beretta 92.. but it was the 8mm blank firing replica version.

They paid $650 for it... No paperwork... And there is a no return policy on ammo. The jackals got jacked. Nice!!!!

YES!!!!! That is awesome! lol

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    So a guy walk in to the store, he is pretty average looking 20 somthing looking no big deal. He seems ok he asks to see a Ar-15. no big deal . I make it safe hand it over .
    this dude starts to tell me how when he was in the jungle he killed lot's of people with one of these, but his was " full spray " he could kill a "mofo" at a 1000 yards on "full spray" now it's me this wack job and two of our colorful locals in the store so this guy is kinda just talking to everyone and no one.

Ok I am use to assholes, I will play. So buddy I guess you were in the army huh?
    No man I was a mercury! Yes he said that.
    I say So you worked for an ftd florest?
    no man I was a mercury I was a paid killer!!! ( in his best yo g thug voice)
    I guess you mean mercenary there young fella??
    No man I was a killa a mercury
    Ok junior play time is over give me the rifle back!

he hands me the rifle back and give me a little attitude. I ask if there is any thing else I can help him with.

"yea, man I need a 100 caliber sniper rifle"
    we don't sell those.
    " oh what you don't want me to get some serious fire power"
    at this point the other two guys in the store are all but rolling on the floor and snorting like pigs.

The young soldier for hire, now is getting a little frisky and say's what you don't think I can have a gun I am off probation I can buy what ever I want.
    ( yes he said that)

How much weed were you carring when they locked you up Scarface?
    ( yes I said that)

No man I had 4 pounds of coke and a rocket launcher.

I think you might want to check with the state police before you try and buy a gun.

No man I can get what ever I want, hel lif you had a mac 50 I would buy that right now and leave with it.

Ok boss, well you just told me you were locked up for some pretty serious stuff. I think you should leave the store.

"you throwing me out "

no I am asking you to leave so you don't get yourself in trouble

F U man I could buy this right now and shoot you with it!!!

after a short chuckle...

Junior, my gun is loaded and so is the two cops sitting next to you.
    mike put his badge on the counter.

I waved as junior left.

That's actually kind of intense. Surprised you didn't get his plates and file a report for the threat.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I remember two times being in The Gun Shop when "fruit loop" as I call him was in there giving Wes the full story of his latest trials and tribulations. He had been accused of threats against the president, and all sorts of other stuff.

Wes, can you please elaborate on this guy, and his black powder culinary skills?

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    The OP's story reminds me of back when we lived in a town house. We were awakened one night by fire equipment in our parking lot at o-dark-thirty. Our new until-recently-urbanite neighbors had called the fire department due to a strong smell in their house. It turned out a skunk had taken up residence underneath their porch and was spooked.

I would be laughing at this had not an almost identical thing happened to me.

Turns out, the dog took a direct hit from a skunk, and ran in the house. We did not realize he'd been shot because he is tan-ish yellow and we didnt' see the mark. So we searched all over and couldn't find the source of the smell. It was so powerful, it was blinding. So finally, after searching the whole house for the source of the smell that seemed to move around, we calld the FD. It was about 1am. Really, I thought that insuation was burning or we had an electrical fire somewhere or something. I checked the attic and everything looking for smoke or other signs but couldn't find anything.

The thing is, that skunk smell can be so strong and pungent, that you'd swear that something was burning. In the proper concentration, it goes far, faaaaar beyond "Pee Yew" to the point where your eyes water, you can't see and it's hard to breathe because you're gagging and coughing so much. Seriously, I cannot convey in words the power of that odor. It does NOT smell like a skunk smells when you pass a dead one on the road.

So the FD shows up, and they can't even stay in the house for more than a couple minutes, the smell is so bad. And they were wearing oxygen masks. That's how bad it was. They used their little "dangerous gas detector" thing, and determined that it wasn't a health risk.

So after they left, and we had all the windows open, we were sitting on the couch, and the dog walks up with this big sh*t eating grin on his face, sits down, and then I see it. A big yellow spot, dead center on his chest. Immediately I knew what the smell was.

It took months to get the smell out of the house and the car (where we put the dog when the FD showed up), and the dog smelled like skunk when he got wet for more than a year after that.

Anyways, that's my skunk story. :)

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    A friend of mine was buying a 10/22 at Walmart. While we were waiting for them to get the box (over 20 minutes) we were talking with the employee. He informed us that it was illegal to sell a gun without the box. He said that if it could not be found they would have to send away to Ruger for a new box.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    That's actually kind of intense. Surprised you didn't get his plates and file a report for the threat.

Honestly I have worked at the shop for over 15 years now and stupid shit like that barley phase's me any more. Its sad but I hear stuff like that a couple time a month.

We honestly go out of our way to help people But some times you want to throw bleach in the gene pool:D

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    So a guy walk in to the store, he is pretty average looking 20 somthing looking no big deal. He seems ok he asks to see a Ar-15. no big deal . I make it safe hand it over .
    this dude starts to tell me how when he was in the jungle he killed lot's of people with one of these, but his was " full spray " he could kill a "mofo" at a 1000 yards on "full spray" now it's me this wack job and two of our colorful locals in the store so this guy is kinda just talking to everyone and no one.

Ok I am use to assholes, I will play. So buddy I guess you were in the army huh?
    No man I was a mercury! Yes he said that.
    I say So you worked for an ftd florest?
    no man I was a mercury I was a paid killer!!! ( in his best yo g thug voice)
    I guess you mean mercenary there young fella??
    No man I was a killa a mercury
    Ok junior play time is over give me the rifle back!

he hands me the rifle back and give me a little attitude. I ask if there is any thing else I can help him with.

"yea, man I need a 100 caliber sniper rifle"
    we don't sell those.
    " oh what you don't want me to get some serious fire power"
    at this point the other two guys in the store are all but rolling on the floor and snorting like pigs.

The young soldier for hire, now is getting a little frisky and say's what you don't think I can have a gun I am off probation I can buy what ever I want.
    ( yes he said that)

How much weed were you carring when they locked you up Scarface?
    ( yes I said that)

No man I had 4 pounds of coke and a rocket launcher.

I think you might want to check with the state police before you try and buy a gun.

No man I can get what ever I want, hel lif you had a mac 50 I would buy that right now and leave with it.

Ok boss, well you just told me you were locked up for some pretty serious stuff. I think you should leave the store.

"you throwing me out "

no I am asking you to leave so you don't get yourself in trouble

F U man I could buy this right now and shoot you with it!!!

after a short chuckle...

Junior, my gun is loaded and so is the two cops sitting next to you.
    mike put his badge on the counter.

I waved as junior left.

Wow, just wow! This kind of thing leaves me speechless

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    I like it when Walmart employees asking you if your 22LR is for a pistol or rifle.

DOH!

pay cash & answer rifle.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    A friend of mine was buying a 10/22 at Walmart. While we were waiting for them to get the box (over 20 minutes) we were talking with the employee. He informed us that it was illegal to sell a gun without the box. He said that if it could not be found they would have to send away to Ruger for a new box.

More Walmart fun... my wife bought me a Henry .22, for Christmas, a few years back at Walmart.

The guy put a NASTY gouge in the receiver, trying to monkey it out of the gun case. She was going to refuse it, but they knocked $20 or $30 off the price, I think, and she didn't know where else to find one, so she bought it anyway (I don't really care about the scratch, and it shoots great.)

After completing the purchase, he told her that after Christmas, we would have to travel together to the MSP, to transfer it from her name into my name. :sad20:

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Never go to bass pro to shop for a gun. Lots of idiots buying guns and bigger idiots selling them. Last night I was there doing some archery related shopping and I saw a blonde bimbo there with her greaser beau. She was trying to shoulder an AR-15 but had a lot of trouble doing so because she was too darn silicone injected.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    So I'm in a local popular Firearms Purchasing Establishment i frequent, just shooting the breeze and fingerbanging a few items i cant afford...

A gentleman that walked in with me looks silently at the selection for a while and asks to look at a Glock, asks a few noob questions about it and then asks about the paperwork and wait time...

"You mean i can't buy one if i have a Felony conviction?" the salesman says "That is correct, in fact, you shouldn't even be in possession of a firearm AT ALL"

Man exits with a disgusted look

Not 5 minutes later man comes back in with an even seedier looking young man....
    The First man says "He's gonna buy it instead"

Salesman "Buy it for him or you?"

Idiot "For me"

Salesman "Well sir that is whats called a Straw purchase and that's illegal also, there is even a question on the form about that"

Idiot "Whats a Straw Purchase"

Salesman "Its Exactly what you are trying to do, and therefore you'll get locked up for falsifying the paperwork AND possession of a firearm!"

Idiot "Man this is BS, lets go to XXXX's and get it they'll sell me one"

They Exit....I about fall on the floor laughing as the salesman calls the other store mentioned and informs them of what just happened

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Honestly I have worked at the shop for over 15 years now and stupid shit like that barley phase's me any more. Its sad but I hear stuff like that a couple time a month.

We honestly go out of our way to help people But some times you want to throw bleach in the gene pool:D

You guys have always given good service there, it keeps me coming back even if I don't buy something all the time. Shame that asshats like that have to come through though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom