• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I agree entirely. $450-$475 and I'd likely buy one.

I'm not paying near $800 (undoubtedly more for this new one) for a plastic gun. Might work fine but it just doesn't strike me as an appropriate price.

Yes yes my AUG clone is partially plastic and cost me $1200. But I could drive fence posts with that thing and it'd work. I doubt I'd get the same out of a Kel Tec product.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I'm not paying near $800 (undoubtedly more for this new one) for a plastic gun. Might work fine but it just doesn't strike me as an appropriate price.

Yes yes my AUG clone is partially plastic and cost me $1200. But I could drive fence posts with that thing and it'd work. I doubt I'd get the same out of a Kel Tec product.

Watch again, they tell you the MSRP at the end :shocking:

WIMN

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 10, 2016
    Yeah I'd love a KSG. Not going to pay $800 for it though. And certainly not $1400....

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Watch again, they tell you the MSRP at the end :shocking:

I heard. I really doubt they'll have much success at that price point. I can buy a couple of 870s that I'll never wear out for $1400. With Kel Tec's seeming inability to bring sufficient quantities of anything to market and that price point I really don't see this one selling too widely.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I heard. I really doubt they'll have much success at that price point. I can buy a couple of 870s that I'll never wear out for $1400. With Kel Tec's seeming inability to bring sufficient quantities of anything to market and that price point I really don't see this one selling too widely.

My thoughts too :thumbsup:

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I was soured on Mr Kelgren's company when, in the face of possible legislation, they decided to increase the price of the KSG by several hundred dollars "just because" and they shelved the whole CMR-30 program for several months while pushing other, newer models and then production numbers were anemic at best.

I was so disgusted, I sold my PMR-30 and will never own another KSG item as long as I live, especially a $1400 gimmick gun.

But that's just my opinion...

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I will give Kel-Tec YUUUuuge props for pushing firearms design forward and trying new things. I still have and appreciate their SU-16C. They've made a lot of really nifty products to date.

The major problem with their stuff is price point. R&D takes money, but they'd have a much bigger fan base if their stuff was a little cheaper and more available. I'm not sure I'd drop what I did on the SU-16 again, part of the appeal was its unregulated status here in MD. I had to order it online: no one locally stocked them and they were hard to obtain anyway.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    IF KSG makes it auto switch to the full mag when one mag empties then maybe the only thing holding me back from the UTS-15 is the fact that it lookes to be very nose heavy when loaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom