• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Got my stamp over 6months ago, but I've been spending money on other things and not motivated to yank the brace and put a real stock on. Well, now I'm ready. I did a little googling and have found something about the rear plate not being completely straight as compared to other AKs:shrug:

I know I want a side folder and I DO NOT want an AR style stock. Other than that I'm undecided.
    bottom line, what kind of adapter do I really need to put a folding stock on this thing?

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Check out these guys:

http://www.usmachinegun.com/products.php?cat=72

Yes, they are the ones that sandwich between the grip and receiver, but it is VERY solid. I wanted an under folder, but after talking with a gunsmith the M92 needs a new rear trunnion. Not shaped like a run of the mill AK. Too advanced for my skill, too expensive for me to justify it. My 2c.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Got my stamp over 6months ago, but I've been spending money on other things and not motivated to yank the brace and put a real stock on. Well, now I'm ready. I did a little googling and have found something about the rear plate not being completely straight as compared to other AKs:shrug:

I know I want a side folder and I DO NOT want an AR style stock. Other than that I'm undecided.

bottom line, what kind of adapter do I really need to put a folding stock on this thing?

Check out cncwarrior.com

They have the angled plates as well as some stocks. That's what I used on my M92 SBR.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I used a Stormwerkz hinge and a Manticore Stock. Didn't use the wedge thing. That being said, before I had my stamp, I used a US Machinegun adapter for a Sig Brace. It was just as solid as my bolted on folder. I wouldn't rule it out.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I would drill and tap the rear of the receiver or have a competent gunsmith do it. Get the stormwerkz hinge, 6 degree shim and the stock of your choice. You'll be much happier.

DSC_0502_zpsehkrxzk6.jpg

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I would drill and tap the rear of the receiver or have a competent gunsmith do it. Get the stormwerkz hinge, 6 degree shim and the stock of your choice. You'll be much happier.

DSC_0502_zpsehkrxzk6.jpg

I'm so glad you left the wood......that thing is slick!!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

DSC_0502_zpsehkrxzk6.jpg

I think I like that stock better than the regular triangle stock. I don't have any problems drilling and tapping. I do it to cars at work all the time.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I'm so glad you left the wood......that thing is slick!!

Thanks. I love wood on guns. The next project for this gun is to figure out a way to put a nice AKM wood stock on it. :thumbsup:

I think I like that stock better than the regular triangle stock. I don't have any problems drilling and tapping. I do it to cars at work all the time.

Once you get the hinge, just mark the holes and drill and tap. The stock is an ACE folding stock. They come in different lengths. The one I have is a 7.5". Good luck and looking forward to seeing the final product.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Thanks. I love wood on guns. The next project for this gun is to figure out a way to put a nice AKM wood stock on it. :thumbsup:

Once you get the hinge, just mark the holes and drill and tap. The stock is an ACE folding stock. They come in different lengths. The one I have is a 7.5". Good luck and looking forward to seeing the final product.

Purchased the hinge, shim and stock last night. Also bought the pic rail and picked up a magpul grip and I'm still trying to decide on muzzle device and what finish to do on the forend.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Purchased the hinge, shim and stock last night. Also bought the pic rail and picked up a magpul grip and I'm still trying to decide on muzzle device and what finish to do on the forend.

Congrats!! Can't wait to see the finished product. :thumbsup:
    The muzzle device I have on mine is the Manticore Night Brake. Controls muzzle rise extremely well, but it's a loud son of a b*tch.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Congrats!! Can't wait to see the finished product. :thumbsup:
    The muzzle device I have on mine is the Manticore Night Brake. Controls muzzle rise extremely well, but it's a loud son of a b*tch.

Loud and fireballs is what I'm looking for :D

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Stormwerkz stuff came last night. Grabbed a Dewalt 10-32 drill and tap kit and attempted to install. The bit is too big, which I figured out after I drilled the hole:mad54:
    Now I have to go to a Dewalt service center and file a claim. This is going to be fun, not....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom