• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    A lot of the addicts are young people though, which means they were just stupid and tried it to be cool and took it enough times to get hooked. I don't feel sorry one bit for them. The people who got hooked on oxy for pain tend to be older, not your stupid HS and college age idiot junkies. As far as the youngsters go, didn't they know heroin is not exactly smoking pot and drinking beer? These are suburban and rural kids, many who have it really good. Yes, the usual low income family kids, black and white and everything else, who live at the poverty level and in shitty neighborhoods, are also using the stuff, but that had been going on for some time, like 40+ years. The newer wave are these suburban and rural kids of middle to upper income families. They go to good schools and so on. They should know better since they are better educated. But I guess if they have been coddled and given participation trophies...

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    A good portion of it is, among other factors. Back home, the cops and EMTs carry Narcan and use it pretty much non-stop. There was a point when Huntington, WV (Where Marshall University is located) had 26 overdose cases in less than 4 hours due to "bad batches."

And the fentanyl cutting is really weird. They keep doing it. Why would the dealers continue doing something that is killing off so many customers so quickly? It's bad business sense, and yes, dealers often run this like a business, and yes the higher level ones used to have that business sense. I guess they got as stupid as the suburban/rural kids they are killing off.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    And the fentanyl cutting is really weird. They keep doing it. Why would the dealers continue doing something that is killing off so many customers so quickly? It's bad business sense, and yes, dealers often run this like a business, and yes the higher level ones used to have that business sense. I guess they got as stupid as the suburban/rural kids they are killing off.

It's to keep customers, believe it or not.

The highest people get is off their first. Then the addicts will chase that elusive ceiling by using much stronger mixes of drugs.

Dealers do not care about the users anymore, they have become expendable, and have a short shelf life. The business is about bringing in new clientele.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Isnt the spike in overdoses linked to cutting the heroin with fentanyl?

That combined with some "peaceful protests" that happened in the past couple years that liberated imprisoned opiates from the bonds and cages of pharmacies.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    It's to keep customers, believe it or not.

The highest people get is off their first. Then the addicts will chase that elusive ceiling by using much stronger mixes of drugs.

Dealers do not care about the users anymore, they have become expendable, and have a short shelf life. The business is about bringing in new clientele.

Yep. That's the Catch-22 for heroin users. They're always chasing that first high that they'll never have again using straight heroin. So they either shoot up more (which at some point = death) or mix it with other drugs (which usually = death). The police report out of Huntington when they had the 26 overdoses in 4 hours stated that their CIs had warned them that some particularly powerful stuff was getting ready to hit the streets. Dealers don't care. They know all it takes is getting someone to take one hit and they've got a new customer for life.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Thanks to ineffective drug prohibition laws there's no safety and purity regulations for illegal drugs and that's one reason why so many people are overdosing.
    During alcohol prohibition many people people went blind and even died from drinking poisonous bootleg alcohol for the same reason.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    no-one-who-jb4rk3.jpg

Library Guy

Library Marksmanship Unit
    May 25, 2012
    I’m not sure what this will add to the discussion but that has never stopped me before.

The best day in my life was when was I given some post-op fentanyl. I have never felt so content, so alive, or sure of my purpose on earth. If Jesus had came down and shaken my hand and said, “You’re a great guy,” I could not have felt any better than I did then. Best time ever. All I had to do was have a touch of cancer.

Does that sound messed up to you? Good, because it is.

Last edited:

EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    My little brother was only 21 years old when he OD'd on a mix of heroin and fentanyl almost ten years ago. My mother found him unresponsive in his bed and performed CPR on him until the EMTs arrived and took over. They worked on him for a long time but could never revive him. During the memorial service at my mother's house, my brother's best friend admitted to me that he was the one who had introduced my brother to this particular vice. We knew that my brother had occasionally smoked weed but that day was apparently only the second time that he had tried heroin and his heart stopped. If it were not for the fact that my mother, my wife, and my six week old son were in the house I may have committed homicide. He was told in very clear terminology what would happen if I ever saw him again. I searched my brother's room and found his kit with prescription fentanyl patches that had the person's name who they had been prescribed to. I turned all this over to the detectives investigating the case and was told that they were familiar with that individual selling their prescriptions in the past but that no charges against them would be likely. I have no stomach for drug dealers and feel that the death penalty should be given for anyone convicted of trafficking narcotics. The worst part of this whole narrative is that my mother spiraled into a depression that she never recovered from and passed away five and a half years after my brother. So heroin cost me my brother and my mother. The war on drugs should be fought with the same intensity as any other war.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That is a really sad story EODJoe. Hopefully you never run into that POS. It would only cost your family more. Prayers for you and yours.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    A lot of the addicts are young people though, which means they were just stupid and tried it to be cool and took it enough times to get hooked. I don't feel sorry one bit for them. The people who got hooked on oxy for pain tend to be older, not your stupid HS and college age idiot junkies. As far as the youngsters go, didn't they know heroin is not exactly smoking pot and drinking beer? These are suburban and rural kids, many who have it really good. Yes, the usual low income family kids, black and white and everything else, who live at the poverty level and in shitty neighborhoods, are also using the stuff, but that had been going on for some time, like 40+ years. The newer wave are these suburban and rural kids of middle to upper income families. They go to good schools and so on. They should know better since they are better educated. But I guess if they have been coddled and given participation trophies...

I think kids today are into trying things at least once. The problem is that H is not a kind mistress. Regardless of who you are and where you live, kids are pretty ignorant (in the clinical sense). Most also have a BIG Superman complex, where they feel that they can do anything and not get hurt. They just don't realize how bad Heroin is and how quickly it will take over you soul.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    My little brother was only 21 years old when he OD'd on a mix of heroin and fentanyl almost ten years ago. My mother found him unresponsive in his bed and performed CPR on him until the EMTs arrived and took over. They worked on him for a long time but could never revive him. During the memorial service at my mother's house, my brother's best friend admitted to me that he was the one who had introduced my brother to this particular vice. We knew that my brother had occasionally smoked weed but that day was apparently only the second time that he had tried heroin and his heart stopped. If it were not for the fact that my mother, my wife, and my six week old son were in the house I may have committed homicide. He was told in very clear terminology what would happen if I ever saw him again. I searched my brother's room and found his kit with prescription fentanyl patches that had the person's name who they had been prescribed to. I turned all this over to the detectives investigating the case and was told that they were familiar with that individual selling their prescriptions in the past but that no charges against them would be likely. I have no stomach for drug dealers and feel that the death penalty should be given for anyone convicted of trafficking narcotics. The worst part of this whole narrative is that my mother spiraled into a depression that she never recovered from and passed away five and a half years after my brother. So heroin cost me my brother and my mother. The war on drugs should be fought with the same intensity as any other war.

My heart goes out to you for the losses you have suffered .

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh

Very sad story but I'm glad that you spoke up and told it, as one who has personally seen the effects of heroin on the user and others. It is never easy, everyone who knows the victims are affected. May God and time ease your pain of your losses from this drug.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD

While, yes, dealers don't want their clientele to die, junkies seek out the most powerful stuff. They want the stuff that their friend OD'd and almost died from. To them, that's the good stuff. Too bad for them, they rely on a pretty unscientific hand that's doing the cutting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom