• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Good job FT!

I actually saw a nice fox this morning and thought it would make a great hat, LOL. To bad i had my .300 win mag me and not something a bit smaller....

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Ha ha, I think someone left their stand to go watch the Ravens and made my hunt today last about 15 mins LOL. I got out a little late and wasn't set up on stand until 4:08, and about 4:20-4:25 3 does come busting up from the direction of the one neighbor's stands and stopped about 60-75 yards away giving me clear shots. 1 looked right at me and I froze, then she ran up the hill and disappeared. The other 2 stood there with 1 giving me a great shot so I took it. She went maybe 50 yards and piled up, and the 3rd deer stopped running and started coming back to the downed deer, then just stood there staring at her, giving me another shot, but the gun was all jammed. I cleared it and tried again, just wouldn't feed. Just as well, the one doe is big and was enough of a chore to drag out. The other deer finally realized something was bad and took off. I was lucky the deer I shot was dead, if not I'd have had to use a knife to finish her. Nice double lung slight quartering shot. The exit is what's in the pic, entry is in the shoulder area. It was nice having daylight to gut by, and snow to help make the drag MUCH easier.

I made sure to get a pic with me wearing my red fox hat, which I was wearing when I took all 3 of my deer this season, and the fox the other day.

and here a while back you were complaining of not shooting a deer:sad20::lol2: That doe looks like a good one! Great shot with a double lung! congrats!

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Friday afternoon got a nice doe. I have never seen so many deer at once on the property I hunt. They poured out of the far corner of the field. More than three dozen of them. Looked like Orcs storming Helms Deep. They just kept coming. I watched them for 20 minutes picking out my target. The problem I had was when I shot they all scattered in different directions so I had no idea which way the one I shot went. Ultimately found her about 50 yards away. Went out Saturday and Sunday afternoon and saw nothing. Cleaned and oiled up the Savage 220 and put it away til next fall.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    I hunted Sunday morning (12 degrees and windy) in St. Mary's county. Since it was so cold I wore my neoprene waders from duck hunting the day before and that help me tough it out until about 9am when I decided my time would be better spent testing out my new remote controlled helicopter/drone instead. I didn't see any deer. I've had luck in super cold weather before but never when it's super windy.

Oh yeah, testing out the helicopter was a bad idea. The thing was flying really well until I pushed it up to about 50 feet in the air and the wind suddenly took it out over the river. Now I'm hoping to find it during crabbing season haha.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    Before and after.

Attachments

• d.jpg
      d.jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 98
    • burger.jpg
      burger.jpg
      39.5 KB · Views: 95

Users who are viewing this thread