• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    So this bill really is a "Feel Good" Bill to say see I did something. It's not going to prevent suicides, it's another cost which I'm sure the state will get a piece of, and the number of murders will not decrease. Have I got this right?

SB208 (the cross-file of HB4) was given a favorable report out of the Senate Judicial Proceedings committee with amendments. It should be on the Senate floor sometime next week for vote. We don't have the committee amendments as yet, but I'll post links to them when available. News about HB4 will probably be coming forth soon as well.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159644639534762&id=44771249761

MSI has reported loans have been taken out of SB 0208. I had inside info that they were also reducing the penalty to be less than theft of a firearm. Does anyone know if that was also part of the amendments?

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    MSI has reported loans have been taken out of SB 0208. I had inside info that they were also reducing the penalty to be less than theft of a firearm. Does anyone know if that was also part of the amendments?

Yes, I believe to 6 months. I don't have the exact language. They can't release that until the voting session is over. And they suspended it during SB273 discussion to go to the floor. Then there is the end of life hearing today at 1 I think. They resume voting after that. I can't stay that long to watch that too, and to get bill language. There are over 100 people signed up to testify on this one bill today.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    So this bill really is a "Feel Good" Bill to say see I did something. It's not going to prevent suicides, it's another cost which I'm sure the state will get a piece of, and the number of murders will not decrease. Have I got this right?

You could safely answer this with "Yes" without knowing a single thing about it

Do nothing useless feel good laws are the only thing Maryland does

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Well if loans are removed, that is at least slightly encouraging.

Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    LOL, someone's pissed....

57f01793a3e7475553509e33c19e9c73.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    LOL, someone's pissed....

57f01793a3e7475553509e33c19e9c73.jpg

Atterbeary didn't learn the lesson from last year. :party29:
    If this exchange shows how she's been communicating with the JPC Chair, that conference committee isn't going to be going her way.
    She is such an ass. Does this publicly. Does not care a wit about traditions that endanger Marylanders less than giving a friend the keys to your car. Temporary loans of rifles have been a problem when?

ziptiespec

Sen. Ron Young made a post today on the book of faces supporting SB0208 with outright lies and distorted facts:

https://www.facebook.com/SenRonYoung/

His office numbers, if you feel like giving them a call:

(410) 841-3575
    (301) 858-3575
    1-800-492-7122, ext. 3575

The lady I spoke with earlier was alone in answering the calls and was getting hammered. I wished her the best of luck and advised her to pull the FB post.

You can also report the post as False News:

1) Click the three dots next to his post
    2) Choose Find Support or Report Post
    3) Select the reason False News, hit Next

I that reporting the post will only notify whoever manages the page but it's still worth doing. It only take a few seconds.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Pass the popcorn, the Fresh Prince isn't backing down.

2a4d2967f19cf85909b013fea8d8c248.jpg

Lol, didn't notice his name until you pointed it out. I guess we can see where this is going in reconciliation. Atterbeary should pull a Sanders and refuse to compromise.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Lol, didn't notice his name until you pointed it out. I guess we can see where this is going in reconciliation. Atterbeary should pull a Sanders and refuse to compromise.

I’ve encouraged her as much on twitter. We should all do the same. Unless Smith caves. He appears very firm in his responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Sen. Ron Young made a post today on the book of faces supporting SB0208 with outright lies and distorted facts:

https://www.facebook.com/SenRonYoung/

His office numbers, if you feel like giving them a call:

(410) 841-3575
    (301) 858-3575
    1-800-492-7122, ext. 3575

The lady I spoke with earlier was alone in answering the calls and was getting hammered. I wished her the best of luck and advised her to pull the FB post.

You can also report the post as False News:

1) Click the three dots next to his post
    2) Choose Find Support or Report Post
    3) Select the reason False News, hit Next

I that reporting the post will only notify whoever manages the page but it's still worth doing. It only take a few seconds.

All the moms demand free meal Dems are posting the same graphic. Such lies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom