• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Officers from Cockeysville precinct are familiar with the zoning, and are more than happy to bring new residents up to speed. "Welcome to the county. People like to shoot out here."

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    i believe the ATF has a set of regulations about the requirements and minimum distances for full auto shooting. Several years ago one of our IP' on this site was telling me about the regs and how it made it much harder to find somewhere to fire the new toys with the happy switch. I would look at the ATF regs along with the county regs and go with the tougher of them when setting up your range.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    common sense rules the day. figger this, every bullet that comes out of the muzzle, has your name on it. rest assured, a lawyer is chasing that bullet. as per the writing on the boxes of ammo i have seen, say the projectile can travel up to 1 1/2 miles.

i would like you to invite me out to "help" you find the safest conditions :D. i am a safety officer for IDPA, NRA and the such. i am only minutes away from your location and would provide my services for free :innocent0. oh, and i would really, really, really like to test those conditions out. i can provide target stands and all the compliments necessary to make for a safe range. :smoke: pm me.

Thanks very much for the offer - right now I I am considering a move to the Sparks area because I work there and after 15 years am growing tired of the commute from Catonsville. So...looking at this map is step 1 in finding a new dig that my wife likes that also has range potential. Step 2 is making sure the property has a decent geography to keep things safe. If I make it happen I will definitively post back up and ask for some advise :)

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    i believe the ATF has a set of regulations about the requirements and minimum distances for full auto shooting. Several years ago one of our IP' on this site was telling me about the regs and how it made it much harder to find somewhere to fire the new toys with the happy switch. I would look at the ATF regs along with the county regs and go with the tougher of them when setting up your range.

What?

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

There are absolutely no ATF regulations of any kind like this. If an IP was telling you this, either you misunderstood or he was mistaken.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I do apology for passing on bad information. Carry on like I was never here.......and good luck on the new place!

No biggie, and sorry if I came off like a dick.

There are just TONS of misinformation kind of urban legends out there about owning machine guns (the ATF can search your house whenever you want! you sign away your 4th amendment rights! etc etc...) and I just wanted it to be super clear.

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    map image and resource contact

I am posting here an image of the map dated March 24, 2014. However, in some cases I have found it impossible to determine, based only on this image, whether a given location is inside or outside of the metropolitan zone, because the zone boundaries are so irregular and the map image lacks detail. In one such case I was able to obtain a timely and definitive answer from a helpful gentleman with the Baltimore County Department of Public Works named David L. Thomas, 410-887-3984.

Attachments

• BaltCountyMetroDistrictMapforPoliceDeptUse3-24-2014.pdf
      3.1 MB · Views: 3,392

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom