• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Picked this up from Brian at South Carroll Sporting Goods back in November. He's got a nice assortment of other Romanian "Captured" K98k's if anyone's looking for one.

This is a Czech Vz.24 that was procured by the Romanians and then converted into a Sniper's rifle. A batch of these came in sometime a couple decades ago without the scopes or mount and only have the scope bases.

It's in great shape. The bore looks spotless and there doesn't appear to be any pitting anywhere. Most of the Vz.24 sniper's I've seen are pretty beat up. The stock is matching but the bolt is a mismatched straight bolt.

The consensus on whether these were used in WW2 or converted Post-War isn't particularly clear. Most people think they're Post-War, but a couple pictures surfaced recently that appear to show one being used during the war.

I'd like to find a correct scope or at least a period scope to put on it but that's going to be hard. Some reproduction mounts were made a few years back but they've since dried up. Not sure what I want to do with the mismatched bolt but if I can't find a suitable replacement I might just have it bent if or when I get the scope set up.

If anyone has one or knows where I can find a mount and scope let me know!

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpg
      IMG_0209.jpg
      134.6 KB · Views: 736
    • IMG_0214.jpg
      IMG_0214.jpg
      94.5 KB · Views: 881
    • IMG_0230.jpg
      IMG_0230.jpg
      130.3 KB · Views: 736
    • IMG_0231.jpg
      IMG_0231.jpg
      96.2 KB · Views: 696
    • IMG_0235.jpg
      IMG_0235.jpg
      99.9 KB · Views: 741

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    There is an infamous thread from a few years ago over on gunboards on these, there is some good info if you sort threw the BS. see post #144

https://forums.gunboards.com/showth...are-that-it-might-start-a-controversy-)/page4

Holy crap that thread made my head hurt. But thanks for listing it, esp. blown away by Vic's addition on post 144. Lord knows what that small pile is worth today.
    I've only seen one of these sniper vz24s and like Dan's it didn't have optics. That was many years ago, probably one of the Century imports. Nice catch!

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    I actually had one and traded it to a gentleman by the name of David Scott Stieghan. It was shot out at the time and mismatched, but had the optics. I highly regret that decision in hindsight, but it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom