• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I think on the national scale the reason the anti-gun groups like these laws so much is they are laying the groundwork for more confiscation. To at least put a mechanism in place and start building the acceptability of police confiscating the guns of law abiding people in the public's mind. And you'll gradually see the classes of people who these kinds of laws can apply to will be expanded. Along with efforts to forcibly confiscate more types of guns. I don't know that that's the local motivation, frankly I think Miller and Busch and most of the dems in the GA are too stupid to understand any kind of long-term macro strategy, nor do they care about anything beyond themselves. But I think on the grand scale that's really why you're seeing this big push nationwide. Today is just "those people who shouldn't have guns," tomorrow it will be "those guns that people shouldn't have." A term that will eventually come to apply to all handguns and most long guns.

It would seem from the signs that I saw during those anti gun rallies across the country, there is no doubt they want a total and complete gun confiscation laws as soon as possible. That can no longer be denied.

As far as Mike and Mike, I think they are following the plans of someone or something much larger than the MGA and Maryland itself. Someone else is calling the shots for this Red Flag legislation. It's too concerted for so many states to be developing the same laws all at the same time.

Rest assured, this is a planned attack on the 2A.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    It's easy to see outspoken anti's feeling emboldened to feign fear and feeling threatened by anyone who openly owns guns or is an outspoken 2A advocate.

This reminds me of an instance awhile ago where I was in line at a Wawa store when a middle-aged woman standing near me saw a LEO in line near us, looked down at his holstered firearm, and clutched her chest and swooned, exclaiming dramatically for everyone to hear her shock and surprise, and that she'd never seen a gun in real life before.

Armed with this bill, she'll probably be calling 911 from her car if she sees an NRA sticker on a vehicle doing 42 in a 40 zone.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    It would seem from the signs that I saw during those anti gun rallies across the country, there is no doubt they want a total and complete gun confiscation laws as soon as possible. That can no longer be denied.

As far as Mike and Mike, I think they are following the plans of someone or something much larger than the MGA and Maryland itself. Someone else is calling the shots for this Red Flag legislation. It's too concerted for so many states to be developing the same laws all at the same time.

Rest assured, this is a planned attack on the 2A.

George Soros??

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I think on the national scale the reason the anti-gun groups like these laws so much is they are laying the groundwork for more confiscation. To at least put a mechanism in place and start building the acceptability of police confiscating the guns of law abiding people in the public's mind. And you'll gradually see the classes of people who these kinds of laws can apply to will be expanded. Along with efforts to forcibly confiscate more types of guns. I don't know that that's the local motivation, frankly I think Miller and Busch and most of the dems in the GA are too stupid to understand any kind of long-term macro strategy, nor do they care about anything beyond themselves. But I think on the grand scale that's really why you're seeing this big push nationwide. Today is just "those people who shouldn't have guns," tomorrow it will be "those guns that people shouldn't have." A term that will eventually come to apply to all handguns and most long guns.

Democrat national convention, it’s part of their agenda nationwide, they have gun control as part of their platform.

This was more than likely brainstormed in their closed door sessions and then distributed/dictated down to the lower houses. They were not getting anywhere in DC so they are focusing on the state houses that they control and pushing it through where they can.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Democrat national convention, it’s part of their agenda nationwide, they have gun control as part of their platform.

This was more than likely brainstormed in their closed door sessions and then distributed/dictated down to the lower houses. They were not getting anywhere in DC so they are focusing on the state houses that they control and pushing it through where they can.

Makes sense, but what I don't get is how they (the Dems) intend to get anywhere with red states in the balance for congress. If I were a Dem running in one of those states, the last thing I would want to hear is "repeal 2A" or "gun confiscation without due process".

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Seen an elected official address citizens tonight in a private/public forum. He blamed Maryland shooters and the NRA for not providing a heads up about 1302. He also indicated that 1302 is basically on the books now, did admit to not reading enough and that other female republican leaders from the western shore are the tip of the spear for avoiding the full gamut regarding magazine restrictions so be thankful for that. Also Hogan will come out strong once he's re-elected have no fear. AND HE WILL BE RE_ELECTED blah blah blah.
    Oh, interested persons have been amended to about extended family only, ex spouse only if no child blah blah blah from his notes. Poor guy, seems like he's gathering intel to report back to see what folks know for damage control.
    freaking damn shame

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Seen an elected official address citizens tonight in a private/public forum. He blamed Maryland shooters and the NRA for not providing a heads up about 1302. He also indicated that 1302 is basically on the books now, did admit to not reading enough and that other female republican leaders from the western shore are the tip of the spear for avoiding the full gamut regarding magazine restrictions so be thankful for that. Also Hogan will come out strong once he's re-elected have no fear. AND HE WILL BE RE_ELECTED blah blah blah.
    Oh, interested persons have been amended to about extended family only, ex spouse only if no child blah blah blah from his notes. Poor guy, seems like he's gathering intel to report back to see what folks know for damage control.
    freaking damn shame

Care to out this tool bag? Although I am pretty sure who it was and they are full of crap.

Assuming he takes the same route to the State House as his fellow delegates there is no way he doesn't see this every Monday night and could have stopped and educated himself.

29594563_10213547741980351_1144482470962632919_n.jpg

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    freaking damn shame

At least from my vantage point, if it wasn't for Maryland Shooters(.com ) NO ONE would have known about the dangers this bill represents and it would have sailed through both chambers and onto Hogan's desk for signature with no amendments and almost no opposition. True, we didn't catch it until after it cleared the House, but we did catch it. We'll have to try harder to read the bills for the people whose job it is to read the bills and know what they are voting for. Unreal.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    We stand there every Monday night during session. I think its disingenuous to say we didn't inform them. We are not lobbyist - in the official definition. Also, its a two way street. I don't believe this story - blaming PP for not telling them.

The Senators who I saw review this bill, many which are attorneys, didn't seem to understand the levels of review in an ex parte hearing. For example, there is no opposing party to make an evidentiary decision on "preponderance of evidence." The proposed law said that in a n ex parte hearing. So, who would be providing the other side of the story.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Sometimes I think liberals paid these people to shoot up these places just to have the ability to ram this crap through. If this law passes, many will make the Va border look like Mexico March to the US border.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Sometimes I think liberals paid these people to shoot up these places just to have the ability to ram this crap through. If this law passes, many will make the Va border look like Mexico March to the US border.

No, they didn't pay anyone. All they needed to do was have their news media provide endless coverage wall to wall on each mass shooting until they stirred up some other nut to go out and do something awful. The mainstream news media is behaving like the guy who intentionally sits in the fast lane below the speed limit next to some trucks. He knows darn well he's maybe going to cause an accident somewhere behind him. But if one happens he just shrugs his shoulders and says "not my fault, I was just exercising my rights."

Why does it seem so many of these are happening lately? Why now? One reason. Because the media attention has never been so laser focused on mass shootings for so long. The media may not admit this, even to themselves. But I personally think it's a safe conclusion.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The media used to say they wouldn't even say a mass shooter's name on air, because they didn't want to give him the publicity and satisfaction from the fame, and maybe encourage a copycat. That didn't last long.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    At least from my vantage point, if it wasn't for Maryland Shooters(.com ) NO ONE would have known about the dangers this bill represents and it would have sailed through both chambers and onto Hogan's desk for signature with no amendments and almost no opposition. True, we didn't catch it until after it cleared the House, but we did catch it. We'll have to try harder to read the bills for the people whose job it is to read the bills and know what they are voting for. Unreal.
    I wouldn't have known about it. :sad20:
    No, they didn't pay anyone. All they needed to do was have their news media provide endless coverage wall to wall on each mass shooting until they stirred up some other nut to go out and do something awful. The mainstream news media is behaving like the guy who intentionally sits in the fast lane below the speed limit next to some trucks. He knows darn well he's maybe going to cause an accident somewhere behind him. But if one happens he just shrugs his shoulders and says "not my fault, I was just exercising my rights."

Why does it seem so many of these are happening lately? Why now? One reason. Because the media attention has never been so laser focused on mass shootings for so long. The media may not admit this, even to themselves. But I personally think it's a safe conclusion.

I believe this is spot on. It's been happening, but until recently, there wasn't much interest in looking for it. Kinda like you never notice how many of a certain type of car are on the road, until you buy or are thinking about buying that model. All of a sudden, you start seeing them everywhere. Start looking for white Ford F-150's. I bet you didn't notice any all week, but, now, you will see at least one tomorrow. They've been there the whole time ;)

I wonder what's really going on that we aren't supposed to see for all this smokescreen :tinfoil:

Maybe he's actually MAGA, and this is supposed to mask it?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    So it begins! I just had one of my anti-gun neighbors just tell me she will be able to send me to jail as she has always been threatened by the decals om my car and my guns! She heard there is a new law that gives her the right to feel safe! She told me she had already called Senator Nathan-Pullliam about me!

That sucks. Even though she's wrong...it won't be good.:sad20: If this all happens, we'd need a test case to fight it, right?...but I don't want it to be you :o

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    The media used to say they wouldn't even say a mass shooter's name on air, because they didn't want to give him the publicity and satisfaction from the fame, and maybe encourage a copycat. That didn't last long.

I wish they would announce that every one of them had a history of mental illness stemming from a woefully small penis, and focus more on how small and ineffectual it was than the carnage created. I really think some potential copycats might reconsider if their legacy was going to be publicly known for being underhung and impotent. :shrug: I wouldn't want that on my tombstone.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I wish they would announce that every one of them had a history of mental illness stemming from a woefully small penis, and focus more on how small and ineffectual it was than the carnage created. I really think some potential copycats might reconsider if their legacy was going to be publicly known for being underhung and impotent. :shrug: I wouldn't want that on my tombstone.

Good idea.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Seen an elected official address citizens tonight in a private/public forum. He blamed Maryland shooters and the NRA for not providing a heads up about 1302.

I heard something similar from one of the delegates. First, I don't believe it to be true. Second, it's interesting to read that the legislators are unable to grasp the content of the laws they write, without outside parties coming to their aid and explaining the legislation to the legislators.

Sounds like complete dereliction of duty to me, but I operate under a different set of standards, apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom