• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Selling my saddle ring carbine. Includes bayonet & cleaning rod, though they didn't come with this one. More detailed pics available on request. $900

Attachments

• mauser_01.jpg
      mauser_01.jpg
      33 KB · Views: 478
    • mauser_07.jpg
      mauser_07.jpg
      29 KB · Views: 479
    • mauser_05.jpg
      mauser_05.jpg
      50.9 KB · Views: 483
    • mauser_06.jpg
      mauser_06.jpg
      51.9 KB · Views: 490

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Nope, I've still got it. I'll probably hang onto it now.

That is understandable. They are nice rifles. Very well built for the era. I’ve had mine for over 30 years and never really had much interest in it (it came with a package deal at a divorce sale). I’ve had a few people show interest in it and I have done lots of research on what it’s worth. The more research I do the more I like it. The thing is, i really can’t find an accurate value. From what I have seen and heard it could be any where between $700 to $2000. One guy said possibly more but I don’t have the time to drive to New York for him to appraise it. Maybe I should just hang on to it too.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    The thing is, i really can’t find an accurate value. From what I have seen and heard it could be any where between $700 to $2000. One guy said possibly more but I don’t have the time to drive to New York for him to appraise it. Maybe I should just hang on to it too.

Yep, I haven't been able to nail down a good value either, especially the saddle ring ones. Not a whole lot of documentation on them.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That is understandable. They are nice rifles. Very well built for the era. I’ve had mine for over 30 years and never really had much interest in it (it came with a package deal at a divorce sale). I’ve had a few people show interest in it and I have done lots of research on what it’s worth. The more research I do the more I like it. The thing is, i really can’t find an accurate value. From what I have seen and heard it could be any where between $700 to $2000. One guy said possibly more but I don’t have the time to drive to New York for him to appraise it. Maybe I should just hang on to it too.

Huge variance but the Model 30 is definitely one of the more scarce ones. Basically top of the market except some of the oddities floating around.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Beautiful gun. I think Gunbroker is prob your best bet as to get it to someone who is looking for that piece and wiling to pay what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom