• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    I'm really ticked off (again). This morning I caught the tail end of CBS News, Sunday Morning where they were noting the 50 years memorial of the Texas sniper massacre: Whitman shooting people from the Texas University clock tower. They interviewed witnesses, survivors, and the police officer who finally shot the sniper. Did they even comment on the number of armed civilians who shot back and pinned him down, saving numerous lives? Did they name the armed citizens who accompanied the police up the clock tower? Did they even mention the guy (forgive me, I've forgotten his name) who got his DCM M-1 (I thought it was a carbine, in another post someone said Garand), argued his way past the librarian to get to the library roof, and was the first one to return fire? Hell no.

None of these American armed citizen heroes were even mentioned. Looking on line, archive media of the day commented favorably on those heroes, crediting them with keeping the sniper pinned down and saving many lives. In today's Politically Correct media, not a chance. Back then, we sheep not only had teeth, some of us had fangs. Now, thanks to Politically Correct politicians and media, the sheep can't even have molars, much less fangs.

I wish I could find the American Rifleman article that carried the real story.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I'm really ticked off (again). This morning I caught the tail end of CBS News, Sunday Morning where they were noting the 50 years memorial of the Texas sniper massacre: Whitman shooting people from the Texas University clock tower. They interviewed witnesses, survivors, and the police officer who finally shot the sniper. Did they even comment on the number of armed civilians who shot back and pinned him down, saving numerous lives? Did they name the armed citizens who accompanied the police up the clock tower? Did they even mention the guy (forgive me, I've forgotten his name) who got his DCM M-1 (I thought it was a carbine, in another post someone said Garand), argued his way past the librarian to get to the library roof, and was the first one to return fire? Hell no.

None of these American armed citizen heroes were even mentioned. Looking on line, archive media of the day commented favorably on those heroes, crediting them with keeping the sniper pinned down and saving many lives. In today's Politically Correct media, not a chance. Back then, we sheep not only had teeth, some of us had fangs. Now, thanks to Politically Correct politicians and media, the sheep can't even have molars, much less fangs.

I wish I could find the American Rifleman article that carried the real story.

A most excellent rant.

They don't even want us to have the guns. Much less use the guns we have.

I know folks who say you can own them, but they should never leave your house.

People die from road rage induced gunfire everyday in this country dontchaknow.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    There was a movie about this story YEARS ago. I think they depicted the true story about the average guy coming to the aid of the college. Many hunting rifles were used to help pin him down so the death toll was even higher.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    There was a movie about this story YEARS ago. I think they depicted the true story about the average guy coming to the aid of the college. Many hunting rifles were used to help pin him down so the death toll was even higher.

After watching unless I missed it I didn't hear anything about because hunting rifles where used death was higher but they did mention citizen Allen Crum armed with a rifle followed and assisted Texas officer in pinning tower shooter down

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Indeed Mr Crum assisted with the final takedown.

The multitudes of citizens shooting back caused Whitman to have to take cover, and shoot from very small openings with limited field of view. Hence why most of the casulties were during the first 10min or so while everyone was retrieving their rifles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom