• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    51% on election day is all that matters ... when the story came out that many of the emails and calls were coming from Marylanders who are not registered to vote, the legislature breathed a sigh of relief and wrote up whatever they felt like writing regardless of how many protesters showed up and filed thru the halls ... without election day follow up, our efforts that day will be worthless

While the point is valid, the facts of that number have been in question the whole time.

The staffs were looking for the names as signed on the correspondence, a huge number of which did not match registration names, so those were set aside.

In speaking with people all over, we are finding that very very few people we encounrter are not registered. Yes, some admitted to not voting, but a negligible number of interested people appear to be unregistered.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    You my friend (MadCat & abean) have been duped by the media. Anything that can be seen as extreme is lumped onto the TEA Party just as conservative talk radio dumps anything extreme onto the collective backs of all liberals.
    Below is the TEA Party's platform. It's about economic freedom and the Constitution. It's NOT about your sexuality or if you smoke weed or not. It's about Uncle Sam taxing your rear-end off, giving it to someone else and then telling you to change your beliefs and conform to the world order where free speech is unwelcome if it is not in line with theirs.

http://www.teaparty-platform.com/

Preamble: The Tea Party Movement is an all-inclusive American grassroots movement with the belief that everyone is created equal and deserves an equal opportunity to thrive in these United States where they may “pursue life, liberty and happiness” as stated in the Declaration of Independence and guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States.
    No one is excluded from participation in the Tea Party Movement. Everyone is welcomed to join in seeking to achieve the Tea Party Movement goals, which are as follows:
    1. Eliminate Excessive Taxes
    2. Eliminate the National Debt
    3. Eliminate Deficit Spending
    4. Protect Free Markets
    5. Abide by the Constitution of the United States
    6. Promote Civic Responsibility
    7. Reduce the Overall Size of Government
    8. Believe in the People
    9. Avoid the Pitfalls of Politics - American politics is burdened by big money from lobbyists and special interests with an undue influence on the peoples’ representatives. The Tea Party movement is seen as a threat to the entrenched political parties and thus is the continual target of smear campaigns and misrepresentation of its ideals. We choose not to respond to these attacks except to strongly and explicitly disavow any and all hate speech, any and all violence as well as insinuations of violence, and any and all extreme and fringe elements that bring discredit to the Tea Party Movement. We are a peaceful movement and respect other's opinions and views even though they do not agree with our own.
    10. Maintain Local Independence

:thumbsup: That's TOO dangerous for established politicians and must be vilified in the national media to prevent it's acceptance.......:sad20:

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    History and fact are on my side my friend....

What would I know, I'm only a liberal who falls for whatever entertainment the "news" sells me while cashing in all my free obamabucks while chatting on my obamaphone to my fellow liberals about how we're going to force you to become atheist muslims because that's what our lord and savior Obama has wanted ever since he was born to one of the few women we didn't mind didn't have a forced abortion while she lived in Kenya.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    51% on election day is all that matters ... when the story came out that many of the emails and calls were coming from Marylanders who are not registered to vote, the legislature breathed a sigh of relief and wrote up whatever they felt like writing regardless of how many protesters showed up and filed thru the halls ... without election day follow up, our efforts that day will be worthless

OK let's call it off then ;)

Oh wait election day is after 4 Feb.. we could do both..

OK if you can't vote and show up on 4 Feb then I agree you should vote. But if no one shows on 4 Feb they will kill us with new laws before the vote....

And I will know its time to bail out. I have options.

20k in lawyers mall. 40k would be better.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    While the point is valid, the facts of that number have been in question the whole time.

The staffs were looking for the names as signed on the correspondence, a huge number of which did not match registration names, so those were set aside.

In speaking with people all over, we are finding that very very few people we encounrter are not registered. Yes, some admitted to not voting, but a negligible number of interested people appear to be unregistered.

The numbers were part of mom and froshes game. But it does not matter. Its not like it takes much to register, and they know it. The purpose of that number and releasing it was disinformation and to discourage our efforts. If it works its our fault

25k in lawyers mall. 50 k would be better.:D

Last edited:

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    I apologize from crowding this thread up even more.

What would I know, I'm only a liberal who falls for whatever entertainment the "news" sells me...

:sad20:

Not much about the Tea Party, it seems. Other than stereotypes and the bigoted views espoused by major media, that is.

...my fellow liberals about how we're going to force you to become atheist muslims because that's what our lord and savior Obama has wanted ever since he was born to one of the few women we didn't mind didn't have a forced abortion while she lived in Kenya.

Are you saying you oppose the Affordable Care Act, Social Security, and all other forms of Government intrusion I am forced to be part of?

--

Ok, jabs aside, I'm seriously trying to help here.

Someone posts something bashing Democrats, in the same way you bashed both Republicans and Tea Partiers a page earlier, (except, they, perhaps, demonstrated more tact) and you get upset?

If you are not what you are facetiously describing, then explain to us your opinions. Tell us what you find so wrong about the Tea Party.

You're on a board, that deals with an issue (singular) that is fundamentally a conservative one. You should have known coming in here, a conservative stronghold, there would be a reluctance to share your views. Don your flame suit, pop on the flak jacket. The key is to not take anything personally.

I don't doubt you believe in what you're saying, but your doing a poor job of convincing anyone who doesn't.

You're first comment in this thread was to say that we (or, at least, a large portion of the people here) "scare the crap out of you."

Then you were asked why.

And you told everyone that I (or anyone of my like mind) was an unintelligent, classist, homophobic, religous coot, because I (or we) may or may not have disagreed with you.

At this point, I think you may just be trolling us, but FUGGIT, I'm bored.

If you're not, keep a level head, and fight for what you believe in. This may come as a shock, but I like to argue. As such, I always enjoy being around people who do not agree with me.

So chill, stick around, and let's go a few rounds. :D Oh, and in the meantime, let's vote out some assholes who hate guns. :thumbsup:

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    At this point, I think you may just be trolling us, but FUGGIT, I'm bored.

If you're not, keep a level head, and fight for what you believe in. This may come as a shock, but I like to argue. As such, I always enjoy being around people who do not agree with me.

So chill, stick around, and let's go a few rounds. :D Oh, and in the meantime, let's vote out some assholes who hate guns. :thumbsup:

I'm not trolling you, the stuff I pointed out are valid reasons why I'm no fan of the tea party. Not every tea party candidate running for a federal office espouses all of those points, but they do tend to meet more of those points than any one else. In 2008, I'd have voted for Romney had he been the nominee. Heck, I was pro McCain before he picked up Palin as his running mate. The tea party, however, seems hellbent on putting up politicians who can outconservative each other. If you guys can't see why I can't vote for that on a federal level, then oh well. I don't really care if you believe it's all just me pointing out stereotypes you don't see as being people who would support those candidates.

I'm still with you guys on voting pro-2A on the state level, even if reading the posts in the Water-Cooler makes me want to bash my head against a wall because I didn't realize people actually thought that way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom