• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I don't think a striker fire is what you want. As mentioned, you want DAO. My preferred trigger is the H&K LEM, which is DAO, but with a light pull and fairly short reset. No safety, but I am comfortable to carry loaded and hammer down, and light trigger pull allows for accuracy on first (most important) shot.

Why would anyone want a miserable trigger pull for every shot? I agree with the safety of the DA first shot or even deliberately thumbing the hammer like a revolver but a miserable accuracy challenging trigger pull for every shot bites. I have little use for strikers as well as many have no second strike option.

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    Why would anyone want a miserable trigger pull for every shot? I agree with the safety of the DA first shot or even deliberately thumbing the hammer like a revolver but a miserable accuracy challenging trigger pull for every shot bites. I have little use for strikers as well as many have no second strike option.

Have you ever shot an H&K LEM? I would not call it a "miserable trigger pull". Once you rack the slide, pulling the hammer back is like a long pull S/A. And once you are used to the reset, you can shoot subsequent shots as if it were a S/A.

I've got pistols with all trigger variants. For CCW, I prefer the LEM.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Have you ever shot an H&K LEM? I would not call it a "miserable trigger pull". Once you rack the slide, pulling the hammer back is like a long pull S/A. And once you are used to the reset, you can shoot subsequent shots as if it were a S/A.

I've got pistols with all trigger variants. For CCW, I prefer the LEM.

Not your average DAO. I am a fan of options. With my CZ75 clone I can go cocked and locked or hammer down. For competition I go cocked and locked. For carry Hammer down with the option to thumb the hammer. The trigger is probably the biggest accuracy factor for most shooters. I am not a fan of SAO because a safety is a mechanical device that can fail.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    If you like the PX4, I believe there is a DAO version of it. A type "D" if memory serves.

Who knows, maybe a shop will trade you straight up? /shrug

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom