Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old December 18th, 2018, 12:52 PM #1221
Former MSI BOD

Former MSI BOD

Even if Trump bans them, I'm still hoping the court will rule on the whole issue of creating an impossible process to comply with a law.
gprimr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2018, 06:56 PM #1222

So, does the bump stock ban give binary trigger owners ground to now stand on? The ATF said they didn't have legal the authority to grant approval to MD bumpstock or binary trigger owners. Now that they are regulating bumpstocks, but not binary triggers is there new langauge we should try on our letters for binary triggers?
thep1zzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2018, 07:16 PM #1223
President, MSI

President, MSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by thep1zzaman View Post
So, does the bump stock ban give binary trigger owners ground to now stand on? The ATF said they didn't have legal the authority to grant approval to MD bumpstock or binary trigger owners. Now that they are regulating bumpstocks, but not binary triggers is there new langauge we should try on our letters for binary triggers?
The ATF has no more authority to "approve" an "application" for a binary trigger than it does for a bumpstock. They are simply not in the business of doing that. And the States are free to ban stuff not banned by the new ATF rule.
Old December 18th, 2018, 07:29 PM #1224
My hair is amazing

My hair is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Trump himself is no friend of the 2nd Amendment.
Hes the most pro-2A President ever
Everybody knows it.
Other Presidents?
Total 2A disasters. Believe me.
MSRPA BOD
I touched Heller.....
teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2018, 07:56 PM #1225
Peace through strength

Peace through strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by teratos View Post
Hes the most pro-2A President ever
Everybody knows it.
Other Presidents?
Total 2A disasters. Believe me.
Sorry, but he's -1 right now. And we still don't know how Gorsuch and Kavanaugh would rule, so he might be -3 or +1.

And we haven't heard anything about the Hearing Protection Act. There was "supposed" to be a vote before year-end (yeah, right). Why isn't Trump pushing that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old December 19th, 2018, 09:27 AM #1226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Yes.

Yes, they are.

Yes. It came directly from Trump's mouth. Among his other anti-gun comments and actions (take the guns first, due process later, etc) was that he directed ATF to come up with a way to regulatorily ban bump stocks after the Vegas shooting.

No grain of salt needed - that article is factually correct. Things went down pretty much exactly like it says there. They couldn't pass a law to do it, the Vegas shooting happened, and Trump immediately ordered ATF to find a way to ban them, and told the NRA that "bump stocks are gone."

He is certainly not. He made the pro-2A noises during his campaign to grab votes, but he has no track record of ever being pro-2A before that, and has no track record of being pro-2A since he was elected. Remember, this is the guy who said "take the guns first, and due process later.... I like taking the guns early."

Yup. The guy is not our friend.
Quote:
Heck, one of Trump's campaign promises was that he would undo Obama's ATF Rule 41f/p as soon as he took office. Here we are nearly 2 years after the date he took office and Rule 41f/p is still the law. I posted about this in the "Thoughts on Trump" page, but I understand if it was missed because I rarely ever go to that monstrosity anymore.
I missed this one. Talk about bad laws...

https://www.nfafa.org/atf41p.cfm

What is ATF Rule 41f?
ATF Rule 41f is the final regulatory rule signed by the Obama administration on January 4, 2016 regarding the transfer and manufacture of weapons regulated by the National Firearms Act. The initial proposed rule (Rule 41p) proposed adding a new definition of a "responsible person" (RP) to the regulations and would have required all RPs in any entity used to purchase or manufacture NFA weapons to obtain the signature of their Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO signature) on the application, as well as submit fingerprints and photographs for review by ATF examiners.

Entities, such as trusts, LLCs and corporations, have become popular for acquiring NFA weapons because individuals experienced great difficulty in obtaining the CLEO signature in many areas of the country, if it was not outright impossible, and the use of an entity to acquire such weapons did not previously require the applicant to obtain the CLEO signature.

and .
In addition, use of a gun trust eliminates the need for a judicial probate process to transfer the weapons upon your death. When you consider that an attorney's retainer to do the most basic of probates may be $2,500 or more, this is a no-brainer.

Finally, a properly constructed gun trust is a comprehensive management system to instruct successors on how these weapons need to be handled, so that they know what restrictions are involved and don't get into trouble with these weapons.

I don't have a NFA item. and this simply sounds nefarious and abusive.

By the way I call it "moral obedience" rather than "civil disobedience" because compiling with God's law can never be "disobedient". Those who try to promote un-natural laws on us are committing moral disobedience. It is our duty to resist immoral laws and actions. By Richard Fry.
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2018, 09:49 AM #1227

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistlersmother View Post
Sorry, but he's -1 right now. And we still don't know how Gorsuch and Kavanaugh would rule, so he might be -3 or +1.

And we haven't heard anything about the Hearing Protection Act. There was "supposed" to be a vote before year-end (yeah, right). Why isn't Trump pushing that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I think Trump supports 2A about as far as Hogan does - which is to say: probably more than his Dem opponent, but still not very much.
GOG-MD is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Tags
sb707, trigger activator