• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If you get a permit with restrictions, do you send both the MSP Informal Review Request and the Handgun Permit Review Board (HPRB) hearing. Or just the HPRB hearing?

That's entirely up to you. You may opt for an informal review or go right to the board.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    If you get a permit with restrictions, do you send both the MSP Informal Review Request and the Handgun Permit Review Board (HPRB) hearing. Or just the HPRB hearing?

They're not mutually exclusive, but by all reports the informal review at MSP is pretty much guaranteed to produce zero results once they themselves have just given you restrictions. Don't mean to rule it out, but your time is better spent going straight to the review board. You won't catch MSP reversing their own decision days after they made it.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I submitted around 7/19. Check was cashed the next week. At what point should I call someone? I've heard nothing.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I submitted around 7/19. Check was cashed the next week. At what point should I call someone? I've heard nothing.

If it’s anything like mine was, you’d be hearing from your face-to-face investigator to set up your interview any day now. If you have them an email address, be sure to keep an eye open there, and make sure it didn’t end up in your spam folder.

EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis
    Carry permit aside, I highly recommend that you set up an LLC to shield your personal assets from your business assets. If something happens at one of your rentals that results in a law suit, you could lose your home and any other personal assets. I used Incorp to set mine up. I could have done it for less, but they take all the work out of it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am an attorney and if you have any questions, please reach out to me. You should consider separating your business assets from your personal assets to insure that you do not lose your home due to a business issue.

2112rws

Jan 18, 2013
    Renewal came through, 6 1/2 weeks. They did not contact anyone and no interview. Still has the business restrictions. (While working as ....).

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    What if my business includes making holsters, and testing them. So the business restricted permit would be valid only when I'm carrying concealed with a holster.

sb22

-
    Apr 9, 2018
    What if my business includes making holsters, and testing them. So the business restricted permit would be valid only when I'm carrying concealed with a holster.

That does it! Establishing my holster business today! HAH!

Seriously though, you have brought up an interesting idea. If you find yourself in a situation where an officer inquired about your restriction while carrying, then how would he respond to "My business is IMakeHolsters, LLC. At the moment, I am 'conducting business' through research and development of a new holster. As an Officer who wears a holster every day, may I seek your input?"

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    A better answer is, “I don’t answer questions. If you’d like to continue, I would like to consult with my attorney.”

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Still nothing. They are cutting it pretty close. If the three months is up with no contact what happens?

Automatic unrestricted permit?:sad20:

They strung me out a full 90 days last time I renewed, right up to the week I was expiring (not that that matters).

I made three or four calls last time with no answers and no returned calls, then got an email address from Mr. McCauley to try.

My permit showed up 5 days later, post marked the day after I finally spoke to someone who seemed to give a schit.

geoffbern

Oct 6, 2018
    Waiting period until I should call

I sent my appeal to both the MSP and the review board 34 days ago with no response yet. Is there a required time I need to wait until I should call? I know in the law it says 30 days for something and 90 for another. Just curious
    Thanks!

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Automatic unrestricted permit?:sad20:

They strung me out a full 90 days last time I renewed, right up to the week I was expiring (not that that matters).

I made three or four calls last time with no answers and no returned calls, then got an email address from Mr. McCauley to try.

My permit showed up 5 days later, post marked the day after I finally spoke to someone who seemed to give a schit.

Yeah but even if they call me tomorrow I probably still wouldn't get it within the 90 days. I mean I'm not looking to get a bonus I just want my damn permit lol.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I sent my appeal to both the MSP and the review board 34 days ago with no response yet. Is there a required time I need to wait until I should call? I know in the law it says 30 days for something and 90 for another. Just curious
    Thanks!

Call the LD and ask to speak to FSGT Pickle to schedule your informal review.

HPRB is way backed up, last I heard, and this was about a month ago, they were scheduled out through next February. If you really want a date send an email to Stevi.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    If submitting with your g/s reason as being a business owner, are you applying as a firm or individual?

This all about YOU and your personal permit. The fact that you own/operate a business is part of why you personally have a shot, in MD, of having that permit. Individual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom