• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I realize that you're being sarcastic but please people, ratchet down the paranoia. MSP hasn't even gotten directives about this law. The gun unit has way more pressing issues to deal with. No one will be staking out ranges to see if you have an evil stock or trigger. He'll, 80% of troopers have no idea about this law.

haha, you caught me.

assume

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I wonder how unpopular these things were, if the Feds outlaw them? I bet there won't be more than 100 turned in. Hard to believe they didn't sell more of them.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    In states where they have been banned, small handfuls have been turned over. That’s it.

Same with the compelled registration requirements of black rifles in some northeastern states. Mass non-compliance.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I highly doubt that the federal government is going to fully outlaw them. Perhaps they would end the manufacture and sale of them but I really doubt they are going to require them to be turned in.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I highly doubt that the federal government is going to fully outlaw them. Perhaps they would end the manufacture and sale of them but I really doubt they are going to require them to be turned in.
    So if the ATF pronounced you could keep what you had and it was legal, would this serve as the mother-may-I permission slip that Maryland is seeking? Assuming that you also asked before Oct 1, 2018, even if the answer received from the individual inquiry was a nonanswer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

The ATF proposed rule *would* in fact outlaw all existing devices by classifying them as machineguns.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The ATF proposed rule *would* in fact outlaw all existing devices by classifying them as machineguns.

How would they serialize them or would you have to use it ONLY on 1 specific firearm, thus making that firearm a machinegun?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The proposed rule calls for them to be destroyed with no compensation to the lawful owner. No serialization is required in a trash heap.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    How would they serialize them or would you have to use it ONLY on 1 specific firearm, thus making that firearm a machinegun?

It bans possession, period, on the theory that the only legal machineguns are those made before 1986. The ATF would require you to destroy them, regardless of whether they were attached any firearm. It's right in the federal register notice.

Last edited:

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    It ban possession, period, on the theory that the only legal machineguns are those made before 1986. The ATF would require you to destroy them, regardless of whether they were attached any firearm. It's right in the federal register notice.

So will there be a lawsuit on no compensation?

Q

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

Q

The new regulation isn't finalized yet. It's been proposed, but there is a lengthy process, including a public comment period, an economic impact study (which includes the cost of enforcing the rule as well as the direct cost to citizens affected by it), a response to the public comments, and finally a publication of the finalized new regulation and then it gets published in the Federal Register and goes in to effect. We are a long way from that yet.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

Q

TBD. Generally unless displaced by another statutory scheme, the remedy for a taking by the feds is a suit for compensation in the Court of Federal Claims with an appeal to the federal circuit. There are other types of claims that can be brought, eg statutory claims.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    TBD. Generally unless displaced by another statutory scheme, the remedy for a taking by the feds is a suit for compensation in the Court of Federal Claims with an appeal to the federal circuit. There are other types of claims that can be brought, eg statutory claims.

What would you believe to be a just compensation for denying my rights?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Thank you to Esqappellate and the other skillful collaborators for making the process easy.

I got to the post office Saturday with 15 minutes to spare...

Attachments

• 7B6C1B70-E1FE-4FF4-951E-0261137E0FD8.jpg
      7B6C1B70-E1FE-4FF4-951E-0261137E0FD8.jpg
      82.6 KB · Views: 287

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads