• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    It's so ridiculous. I've never had a doctor tell me to wear seatbelts, not run with scissors, look both ways before crossing the street, stop chasing loose women, or any other potentially "dangerous" activity. The only reason these various medical associations want doctors to ask these questions about firearms is because someone/some group has made it part of their agenda.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    But what if we could make DR. Actually learn something about gun Saftey before teaching it to their patients under the guise of professional advice.

Say force them to become NRA instructors :innocent0

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's so ridiculous. I've never had a doctor tell me to wear seatbelts, not run with scissors, look both ways before crossing the street, stop chasing loose women, or any other potentially "dangerous" activity. The only reason these various medical associations want doctors to ask these questions about firearms is because someone/some group has made it part of their agenda.

Docs are supposed to council on seatbelts and safe sex.

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    mr h has it probably right. but taken to the uber extreme, he's not a doctor and thus NOT qualified to give the DR medical advice (or a medical opinion). i am playing devil's advocate here.

El Grande,

My daughters pediatrician did the same, but incorporated it into a global home safety statement (ie: keep poisons out of reach, secure flat panel TVs, be careful of house plants, etc...).

When my doctor asked me if I had firearms, and I stated what medical relevance does firearm ownership have to do with my blood pressure, weight, diabetes, and history of kidney stones. He did not answer my question, and proceeded onto the exam.

Mr H

Banana'd
    El Grande,

My daughters pediatrician did the same, but incorporated into a global home safety statement (ie: keep poisons out of reach, secure flat panel TVs, be careful of house plants, etc...).

My doctor asked if I had firearms, and I stated what medical relevance does firearm ownership have to do with my blood pressure, weight, diabetes, and history of kidney stones. He did not answer my question, and proceeded onto the exam.

Good to hear... thanks.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

They don't generally "tell' patients to do anything. My role as a healthcare provider, besides providing medical care, is to teach and ADVISE.

Mr H

Banana'd
    They don't generally "tell' patients to do anything. My role as a healthcare provider, besides providing medical care, is to teach and ADVISE.

That's great...

But your "advise", for others, might be cajole, encourage, correct, direct, or even dictate.

The fact that MDs have been brought in to the discussion, to me, smacks of a larger agenda.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    No big deal.

Just means patients don't have to lie to them about something that's none of their damn business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom