• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Anyone have experience with Rogue Tactical (I believe formerly L-10) or Black Mountain 80% frames. Black Mountain is significantly cheaper, and Rogue Tactical offers an option for Tennalum... curious if anyone has any opinions on either company’s offerings...

ehess45

Apr 21, 2018
    Sorry for the late reply. I have built three pistols using L10. Eric does incredible work and his fit and finish is on par with the best. I build two SV Pistols back in the day when you could buy frames. I would say Eric’s items make a better build platform than most. His frames and slides are flat, correct and undersized in the right spots that creates a little more work but the end result is better. Out of curiosity I paid a big named 1911 gunsmith to check barrel fit, timing and Critical dimensions and they were all perfect. He said Eric knows how to build guns. They run 100% and are fit like my Bears.

Eric is a competitive shooter and is always pushing his R&D. If you want something special or custom - call him.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Anyone have experience with Rogue Tactical (I believe formerly L-10) or Black Mountain 80% frames. Black Mountain is significantly cheaper, and Rogue Tactical offers an option for Tennalum... curious if anyone has any opinions on either company’s offerings...

I have a Black Mountain frame and aluminum grip and they are good quality and well made. The grip fit was a little looser then I liked originally and needed to be tightened up a bit. That is my only real complaint with pair. It was a fun project to put together and I learned a ton about the platform and how exactly everything interfaces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom