• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Another effect would be black market ammo. I'm not sure how distribution works but I do know it would be very difficult for .gov to read the serial numbers on brass and determine if it was sold thru an FFL with a NICS check.

True but I know for me it wouldn’t be worth it. Just like I’m sure there are those that manufacture and sell ammo without the appropriate FFL requirements. Don’t desire to be the case study.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    God I’m so ****ing tired of these anti 2A people, can we please just stick them in their own state and let them have their communist “utopia” and leave the rest of us to be free and own whatever we want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d move south if they would stay north.

copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    Was at a range yesterday, was informed they are out of 9mm for the foreseeable future... at least a month or so (or more)... not sure if they kept any for their pistol sales.

Also, every time I’ve been inside a place that sells firearms, I keep noticing newbies buying (or looking to buy)... obviously not news, but now I’ve seen it first hand.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    Was at a range yesterday, was informed they are out of 9mm for the foreseeable future... at least a month or so (or more)... not sure if they kept any for their pistol sales.

Also, every time I’ve been inside a place that sells firearms, I keep noticing newbies buying (or looking to buy)... obviously not news, but now I’ve seen it first hand.

Ya I’ve gone into Cabela’s in Gainesville and there’s usually at least 4-5 people standing there trying to buy whatever they can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I wish I could see the look on their faces when they are informed about the HQL requirement. Priceless!

From what I've seen, once they realize that they are not walking out with anything today, they typically just quickly leave in disgust (probably to see if they can do better on the internet :innocent0)

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    Which was probably purchased at WalMart for a maximum of $35.

If it was bought in December, try like $14-20.

Wrong, and wrong.

I had an opportunity to buy several cases in early July at $350 per case (35 cents per rd.). I assumed correctly that it was only going to go up, and I happened to have the $ to do it.

Most of it is set aside for training. I have been burning through a lot of ammo running classes. Anyone I am teaching gets it at my cost.

Sold some to another member here at my cost because he has done right by me in a previous transaction.

Traded some to another member for different ammo. New member, low post count. Good guy, wish I could leave him positive feedback.

I ignored any mssgs from those who wanted me to sell or trade to them for less.

Sold 400rds. at 40 cents per round - so I have made a whopping $20 profit from that 400rds. for driving to meet 2 different people, at 2 different places, at 2 different times/dates, after spending over $3K for the original purchase. I priced this brass-cased 9mm at what I was seeing cheap steel-cased 9mm going for on Ammoseek at that time, and those who bought from me also avoided paying shipping had they purchased online.

Yes, I am such a horrible capitalist.:rolleyes: Yes, I am egregiously gouging everyone.:rolleyes: I should just take my ammo, bought with my hard-earned money, and sell it at 2019 prices to any member here who wants to sit at their keyboard and make false assumptions about situations and people they know nothing about, and then post their ignorant opinions as if they were facts.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    Adding to the shortage is the Fiocchi manufacturing shutdown in Italy due to the Covid. The lack of ammo, powder, and particularly primers that they produced is having an impact on this market on top of all the other issues. Other manufacturers in Europe have been similarly affected.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Wrong, and wrong.

I had an opportunity to buy several cases in early July at $350 per case (35 cents per rd.). I assumed correctly that it was only going to go up, and I happened to have the $ to do it.

Most of it is set aside for training. I have been burning through a lot of ammo running classes. Anyone I am teaching gets it at my cost.

Sold some to another member here at my cost because he has done right by me in a previous transaction.

Traded some to another member for different ammo. New member, low post count. Good guy, wish I could leave him positive feedback.

Sold 400rds. at 40 cents per round - so I have made a whopping $20 profit from that 400rds. for driving to meet 2 different people, at 2 different places, at 2 different times/dates, after spending over $3K for the original purchase. I priced this brass-cased 9mm at what I was seeing cheap steel-cased 9mm going for on Ammoseek at that time, and those who bought from me also avoided paying shipping had they purchased online.

Yes, I am such a horrible capitalist.:rolleyes: Yes, I am egregiously gouging everyone.:rolleyes: I should just take my ammo, bought with my hard-earned money, and sell it at 2019 prices to any member here who wants to sit at their keyboard and make false assumptions about situations and people they know nothing about, and then post their ignorant opinions as if they were facts.
    I’m hoping you ain’t apologizing to ANYONE but instead making a point...

copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    Wrong, and wrong.

Even if you would have gotten it at a ridiculous WM discount, the current market is what it is... it wouldn’t be your problem. You don’t owe anybody anything... if the current base cost of 9mm is 40cpr plus shipping, you would be crazy to sell for less. (Unless you are helping someone out). Otherwise, why would you sell it for less then it would cost you to get more. I feel bad for new shooters (Or for those that didn’t quite have the finances to stack deep), I really do, but everyone else, not so much. We had over a year at crazy low prices. We knew elections were coming up... we saw corona starting to take hold... I remember paying almost $1 per round for 5.56. My wife was not too happy when I started buying more ammo at the cheap prices... I told her it won’t last... it didn’t and now she sees my point.

I have no intention of selling any ammo, but if I do it will be at market rate.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    We certainly went through plenty when it was cheap. The number of people realizing their need for training has increased at pace along with the covid and rioting issues. I wish I'd had the foresight and that $3K available before this all started, but I have been blessed with the means to keep up so far. Another member here sold me a few cases of 124gr 9mm at a pre-panic price in the last couple of months. That 9mm will not be sold - I am using it myself, and I am grateful to him for it. Those late to the game simply have to work the current cost of ammo into their training budget.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Wrong, and wrong.

Cool, thanks for the explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom