Old November 22nd, 2020, 05:50 PM #11
GutPile GutPile is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 536
GutPile GutPile is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr10dr View Post
Is Sunday bow hunting allowed on private land in Baltimore county?
It is at my place. As Dr King said, ďOne has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.Ē
GutPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2020, 08:27 PM #12
Mag Dump's Avatar
Mag Dump Mag Dump is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Frederick, MD Region
Posts: 176
Mag Dump Mag Dump is offline
Member
Mag Dump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Frederick, MD Region
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by GutPile View Post
It is at my place. As Dr King said, ďOne has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.Ē
Exactly. Sunday Hunting bans are not based on wildlife management or public safety principles. Therefore, Ignore them when you can do so safely.
Mag Dump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2020, 11:43 AM #13
tallen702's Avatar
tallen702 tallen702 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: In the boonies of MoCo
Posts: 3,050
tallen702 tallen702 is online now
Senior Member
tallen702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: In the boonies of MoCo
Posts: 3,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr10dr View Post
Ok, thanks, we live in a town house community in Parkville, some one shot a buck about 10 yards behind a home this afternoon. Also was baiting with corn,
I guess thatís 3 strikes, I told the homeowner to call the DNR, but I donít think
they did.
So, the buck was actually 10 yards from the house when it was hit? Or it expired 10 yards from the house?
tallen702 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2020, 12:04 PM #14
mdunphyjr's Avatar
mdunphyjr mdunphyjr is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North point / Dundalk
Posts: 1,048
mdunphyjr mdunphyjr is online now
Senior Member
mdunphyjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North point / Dundalk
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen702 View Post
So, the buck was actually 10 yards from the house when it was hit? Or it expired 10 yards from the house?
That was my question as well.
mdunphyjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2020, 02:51 PM #15
abr10dr abr10dr is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 168
abr10dr abr10dr is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 168
The buck was shot 10 yds. On the other side of the property line, the property line is 50ft. from the back wall of the house. So letís say 60yds total. Way too close in my opinion, set up the other way and shoot toward your own house. There are tons of kids in the neighborhood, be safe not sorry. Things like this just give shooters and hunters a bad reputation, we donít need the negative P.R.
abr10dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2020, 04:32 PM #16
tallen702's Avatar
tallen702 tallen702 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: In the boonies of MoCo
Posts: 3,050
tallen702 tallen702 is online now
Senior Member
tallen702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: In the boonies of MoCo
Posts: 3,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr10dr View Post
The buck was shot 10 yds. On the other side of the property line, the property line is 50ft. from the back wall of the house. So letís say 60yds total. Way too close in my opinion, set up the other way and shoot toward your own house. There are tons of kids in the neighborhood, be safe not sorry. Things like this just give shooters and hunters a bad reputation, we donít need the negative P.R.
Where was the hunter's stand vs the dwelling?

Something about this just seems odd.

I hunted a sub-division this year and so long as you know what you're doing and are aware of your target and what's behind it, the chances of things going wrong are pretty minimal, especially when elevated.
tallen702 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Outdoor Sports


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2019, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service