• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Good question although I think NJ would draw the line and fight all the way.
    With SAF filing suit in NJ and now NY, I wouldn’t be surprised if they also file a MD lawsuit.

Good. As always, thanks for your informative posts.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Dude if that is your only reason just ditch the jeep or fix it so it will pass. Thats such a small reason to hold out on freedom.

The jeep is something my wife and I built. I am now a widow and its something we loved together. I think Ill keep it. It doesnt need fixed its on 37s its built for rock crawling. I will probably just end up using a family memebers address and keeping MD tags on it. Id much rather see scotus spank MD, NJ, NY, CA, IL and the others

NewTwo

Jan 10, 2020
    Let's hope this gets to SCOTUS. The next step for the 2A is establishing its existence outside of the home.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Let's hope this gets to SCOTUS. The next step for the 2A is establishing its existence outside of the home.

I think even the most liberal of courts have basically accepted this premise. The issue is that they believe it's OK to ration it to the point where as long as someone gets a carry permit, or in the case of Hawaii where it's someday possible that someone gets a permit, that it satisfies the 2A.

wjackcooper

Feb 9, 2011
    Bennett (N.J. carry) Heller v. interest – balancing:

Heller’s text, history & tradition test is the basic approach in Bennett and in most pending 2A litigation.* Our adversaries (including Democrat Judicial appointees) can be expected to counter with balancing the 2A v. public safety. Manipulating the plain language in Heller, while using interest – balancing via intermediate scrutiny to validate “gun control” is the technique most often used by the judiciary to neuter the 2A in lower courts. **

David Jenson succinctly sums up the right to “carry.” ***

In the end, if the 2A (cornerstone of the Constitution) is reinforced . . . Americans will owe Donald Trump. ****

Regards
    Jack

* https://www.firearmspolicy.org/legal

**Scroll down past page 21 to Judge Matey’s decent, then see pages 30 through 32:
    https://www2.ca3.uscourts.gov/opinarch/193142p.pdf

*** David Jenson, Complaint in Bennett, see para(s). 71 through 80.
    https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...6/2020-11-02-Bennett-Complaint.pdf?1604334776

**** https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_... December 1, 2020,for the United States Court
    “As of December 1, 2020, the United States Senate has confirmed 229 Article III judges nominated by Trump: three associate justices of the Supreme Court of the United States, 53 judges for the United States courts of appeals, 170 judges for the United States district courts . . . .”

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    I think even the most liberal of courts have basically accepted this premise. The issue is that they believe it's OK to ration it to the point where as long as someone gets a carry permit, or in the case of Hawaii where it's someday possible that someone gets a permit, that it satisfies the 2A.

Defies reason that government should be able to qualitatively ration anything leave alone a right? Even an effing hair dresser has quantitative requirements they have to meet and then a license is granted (not that I believe you should need a license for that either)... Is there even one other example aside from CCW where someone can give an example of the government qualitatively deciding who is eligible for something?

Last edited:

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Defies reason that government should be able to qualitatively be able to ration anything leave alone a right? Even an effing hair dresser has quantitative requirements they have to meet and then a license is granted (not that I believe you should need a license for that either)... Is there even one other example aside from CCW where someone can give an example of the government qualitatively deciding who is eligible for something?

I can't think of one. That's why the legal gymnastics will be fun to watch.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Defies reason that government should be able to qualitatively ration anything leave alone a right? Even an effing hair dresser has quantitative requirements they have to meet and then a license is granted (not that I believe you should need a license for that either)... Is there even one other example aside from CCW where someone can give an example of the government qualitatively deciding who is eligible for something?

They're protecting the populace from bad haircuts.

The government decided that it has the job of protecting us from ourselves, and interfering in our lives to the extent that we fail to live up to Karen's standards. They know what we need, and they'll make it mandatory. They knw what we shouldn't want, and they will ban it.

Where would we be without the government to take care of us?

Last edited:

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    States like MD, NJ should be required to accept conceal carry permits from other states, at least residential permits. Ridiculous how some states like to inconvenience law abiding US citizens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom