Old November 24th, 2020, 06:47 PM #1
putneyswope's Avatar
putneyswope putneyswope is offline
Dismember
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 478
putneyswope putneyswope is offline
Dismember
putneyswope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 478
Sig 556R

Anyone had experience with one of these? I've heard good things...
__________________
Anybody can piss on the floor. Be a hero, shit on the ceiling.
putneyswope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2020, 07:47 PM #2
erwos's Avatar
erwos erwos is offline
The Hebrew Hammer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 11,702
erwos erwos is offline
The Hebrew Hammer
erwos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 11,702
I have one. The trigger is meh, the factory front sight hood kinda gets in the way of optics, and it's heavy compared to an AR, but it's otherwise not a bad gun if you get a gen2 version. Reliability on mine has been good thus far. A little picky on mags, but you can fit them as required. I don't shoot mine a ton simply because it's not terribly good compared to an AR for 3gun and classes, but you could use it in those capacities if you needed to.

Recommend getting the appropriate MFI front folding sight and the Hogue pistol grip. If you want to mount an LPVO or reflex sight, iron sight height is about 1", which is nearly exactly the height of the ADM AD-RECON-SL mount.
__________________
Things I love: bullpups, mag-fed shotguns, Glocks-not-made-by-Glock, .458 SOCOM, 6.5 Grendel, giving my opinion
Things I hate: .40S&W, KeyMod, AR pistols with buffer tubes, anything with an arm brace, fad-of-the-day long-range calibers
erwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2020, 11:27 AM #3
Boss94 Boss94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,272
Boss94 Boss94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,272
I have 2 of them and think there great!! mine are the standard model not the tactical. but I think its as nice as my mutant in 7.62 x 39.
Boss94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2020, 01:10 PM #4
erwos's Avatar
erwos erwos is offline
The Hebrew Hammer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 11,702
erwos erwos is offline
The Hebrew Hammer
erwos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 11,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss94 View Post
I have 2 of them and think there great!! mine are the standard model not the tactical. but I think its as nice as my mutant in 7.62 x 39.
If they weren't as heavy and had a decent MLOK handguard, I'd probably be willing to mostly agree with that statement. I wish Troy or Samson would redo their handguard for it... probably a lost cause given that it's out of production, though.
__________________
Things I love: bullpups, mag-fed shotguns, Glocks-not-made-by-Glock, .458 SOCOM, 6.5 Grendel, giving my opinion
Things I hate: .40S&W, KeyMod, AR pistols with buffer tubes, anything with an arm brace, fad-of-the-day long-range calibers
erwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2020, 01:29 PM #5
MacMoov's Avatar
MacMoov MacMoov is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Damascus
Posts: 1,759
MacMoov MacMoov is offline
Senior Member
MacMoov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Damascus
Posts: 1,759


I have been thinking of selling mine. It is a nice gun, but I just never shoot it. I have been meaning to thin out my collection to guns I actually shoot. This has been sitting in the safe for far too long.
__________________
Photography | MacGuns.Photo | Instagram
MacMoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2020, 01:34 PM #6
kingfish's Avatar
kingfish kingfish is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 585
kingfish kingfish is online now
Member
kingfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 585
Surprisingly accurate. I never thought 7.62x39 could be so accurate
kingfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2020, 11:58 AM #7
Boss94 Boss94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,272
Boss94 Boss94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwos View Post
If they weren't as heavy and had a decent MLOK handguard, I'd probably be willing to mostly agree with that statement. I wish Troy or Samson would redo their handguard for it... probably a lost cause given that it's out of production, though.
the Tactical 1 has I believe the keymod front grip. im a purists myself. not having a mlok is no big deal to me. it follows its lineage of the 550 , which I think is great! YMMV .
Boss94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2020, 12:02 PM #8
DutchV DutchV is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,973
DutchV DutchV is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwos View Post
I have one. The trigger is meh, the factory front sight hood kinda gets in the way of optics, and it's heavy compared to an AR, but it's otherwise not a bad gun if you get a gen2 version. Reliability on mine has been good thus far. A little picky on mags, but you can fit them as required. I don't shoot mine a ton simply because it's not terribly good compared to an AR for 3gun and classes, but you could use it in those capacities if you needed to.

Recommend getting the appropriate MFI front folding sight and the Hogue pistol grip. If you want to mount an LPVO or reflex sight, iron sight height is about 1", which is nearly exactly the height of the ADM AD-RECON-SL mount.
There is a trigger upgrade:

https://shootingsight.com/product/sig556/

Out of stock currently but expected back in a couple months.
__________________
Making the bad man go away since 1982.
SOTAR Alumni
DutchV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rifles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2019, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service