Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Reloading
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old November 24th, 2020, 05:25 PM #11

Ammunition makes a difference in my P-64. PPU will bulge while RAE does not. It would be reasonable to think the same may be true in Glock OEM barrels. All of mine are running barrels with fully supported chambers so nothing bulges.
GuitarmanNick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2020, 09:05 PM #12
For great Justice

For great Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
Glocks have always used unsupported chambers with ooser SAAMI spec diameters to make their pistols so reliable and still functional after dragging them through the dirt, sand and mud. Just give them a brush or dunk rinse them off and get back to work.

As far as I can remember since the G22 Grenade days, Glock has stressed no Reloaded Ammo, Factory Only.

I used to sell at local shows aftermarket barrels w/threaded compensators for competition guns that had a supported and tighter chambers than OEM Glocks due to this fact.

So for TL,DR guys, Don't shoot reloads out of any OEM Glock, shoot factory. If you want to shoot reloads, go get a Lone Wolf or similar barrel.
Early GLOCKs had different chambers specs, they changed them around 2005-ish when the large frame SF models came out, 40 and 10 models changed the most. The chambers are still relatively large, but not unusual, similar specs to many other service pistols.
Have run thousands of reloads through my SF and 4th gen GLOCKs, many of those reloads were with brass fired in the same pistols during practice. They all spec-ed out and loaded fine, no bulge buster dies or anything special. Most people that compete with GLOCKs seem to have similar experiences.
"Unfortunately, freedom allows sh*theads to get away with stuff. You always know the mark of a coward. A coward hides behind freedom. A brave person stands in front of freedom and defends it for others."
-Henry Rollins
alucard0822 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Reloading