• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Got some Simple Green D Pro 3 cleaner since Ellicott City Homo Despot just got stocked. They have several jugs if you need some. Sold out online.

Also got 50 contractor trash bags. No joy on 95 masks still, and I wanted some more disposable nitrile gloves but they were sold out.

Attachments

• D8EB7ED8-D025-46DE-99DD-5CB1F4FCC3D3.jpg
      D8EB7ED8-D025-46DE-99DD-5CB1F4FCC3D3.jpg
      71.2 KB · Views: 580

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Not a dang thing. I have everything I need, even masks. The pantry is refilled weekly and older stuff moved forward and newer stuff in the back. I didn't realize it, but I had a bunch of n95 masks my wife reminded me about from an old job that they gave away when we didn't need them anymore. We were running a bit low on hand sanitizer, but my wife bought more. The only thing that won't last as long as I would like is water and fresh veggies and fruits. I should really buy a filtration system.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Bumped up the reserve water supply from a 10 day supply to a 40 day supply. It's been in the long range plan for a while, but now seemed like a good time to get it done.

Truth be told, I haven't provided for an emergency water stash yet. For this particular COVID-19 event, I feel that water will be readily available. This is not a debilitation of the public utility infrastructures; such as a weather event could impart to it.

Not saying that I don't have plans to secure emergency water, but they are not in force at this time.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Dude, that stuff comes in 40 and 100 lb sacks and transfers nicely into 40-60 lb (5gal) buckets... I’m just sayin

Don’t discount oats, rolled and whole or dehydrated potatoes sliced, diced or flakes. They make great chow...lots of carbs.

Whole oats and a hammer can make a suitable substitute for rolled oats and a knife can make them steel cut. Feed stores sell whole oats cheap to feed horses, which could also be used for seed for next years crop.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Truth be told, I haven't provided for an emergency water stash yet. For this particular COVID-19 event, I feel that water will be readily available. This is not a debilitation of the public utility infrastructures; such as a weather event could impart to it.

Not saying that I don't have plans to secure emergency water, but they are not in force at this time.

I agree that a large supply of water is low on my list. We probably have 6 cases. However if things get sketchy I’ll fill two bathtubs, and two 55gal trashcans with liners. That would be about 650gal.

I’m 300ft from a freshwater stream which helps too.

Then there is my rainwater cistern idea if we are in a serious SHTF situation.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    2 flat cut corned beef, cabbage, and red potatoes from Safeway. All ready for St. Patties day.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I bought a gallon of 2% Chlorhexidine at Tractor Supply today. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. It is a hand sanitizer with residual protection for several hours.

Thanks for the tip! Just ordered some online for pickup in store.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I picked up 2 bottles of hydrogen peroxide at Walmart tonight. Also got 4 boxes of saltines at $.79 and a big jar of peanut butter. Stopped in on my way home to pick up a bag of dog food but their brand was sold out.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    This wasn't in regards to the the COVID-19 outbreak, but I DID just get a 1lb can of calcium carbide in to power my carbide head lamp. That sucker is fantastic. I like to keep it around as an emergency flashlight and to show off every once in a while.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I hit Ollie’s and Dollar Tree a few weeks ago before panic set in for stable food staples (canned/dried) to expand us from a few weeks to about 2 months. Picked up bulk packs of Lysol wipes and Hand Sanitizers from Big Lots 2wks ago to use all over the house, office, cars. Today I picked up Nestle Nido powdered milk drink for toddlers (I have a 1yo) to replace milk for 2 months, a box of 10 N95 masks I happened upon at Lowe’s, and bought out my local Vape shop of the e-juice I use (quit smoking 3yrs ago and vaping since).

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I hit Ollie’s and Dollar Tree a few weeks ago before panic set in for stable food staples (canned/dried) to expand us from a few weeks to about 2 months. Picked up bulk packs of Lysol wipes and Hand Sanitizers from Big Lots 2wks ago to use all over the house, office, cars. Today I picked up Nestle Nido powdered milk drink for toddlers (I have a 1yo) to replace milk for 2 months, a box of 10 N95 masks I happened upon at Lowe’s, and bought out my local Vape shop of the e-juice I use (quit smoking 3yrs ago and vaping since).

Dang, good score on the N95 masks. I got a box in early February and haven’t seen them since!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    This wasn't in regards to the the COVID-19 outbreak, but I DID just get a 1lb can of calcium carbide in to power my carbide head lamp. That sucker is fantastic. I like to keep it around as an emergency flashlight and to show off every once in a while.

That’s pretty freaking cool, it sure makes me appreciate my M12 Rover! I’d probably burn the house down with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom