• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    did any one see any sks rifles? do you remember the prices?
    thanks.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Great show today, still have a few things from Lou's collection left. Stop by and see us tomorrow. .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    It would be a sad day when Frank throws in the towel but I can see how it's heading there, especially here in Maryland. Tough to compete with everyone walking around on smart phones googling every price and expecting vendors to compete. Also tough in Maryland where most of the popular firearms are banned or limited. I applaud anyone who is still fighting the good fight but I long for those old days when there were more private vendors, gun parts and surplus...guess everything changes. What I don't understand is how the hell CE runs that Nations show every 2 months now and gets over a 1000 tables filled with people standing in line to pay $16 admission. If SGS does go away I would like to thank Frank for many years of providing a service which came with fond memories.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Yeah not hating on other IP's but with Lou gone and A1 being so close i'll attend maybe one a year MAYBE.

I can stop in and see A1's police trade in's at awesome deals whenever I want and we all remember Lou's killer deals.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Needs more advertising. I'm sure many new people from Columbia would come to the fairgrounds if they knew there was a show there now. The show at Chantilly is well advertised so it pulls people, which pulls vendors, which pulls more people and more $$ at the door for more ads, etc.

Some of the vendors need to think about their prices if they actually want to sell things but that isn't Frank's problem.

Nov 19, 2015
    Carney
    I think a large issue with gun shows now is that everything is a large onsite cash in hand investment now. Granted I'm only 34 but 5 or 6 years ago you could go to a show with maybe 150 dollars in your pocket and walk out with a nice MilSurp rifle, 100+ rounds of ammo, and still have enough money to go to lunch afterward.

When I walked into the show and saw a rack of Mosins starting at $250, a Steyr M95 for $600, and $500+ SKSs I finally realized that the time of the low barrier of entry found at gun shows was over.

I can go online right now and buy a Brand new Thompson Center Compass in a modern caliber with a scope for $288 w/ free shipping plus a transfer fee. Entry level AR15s are on sale almost everyday at sub $400. Why would anyone outside a collector pay $300 for a Garbage Rod when online retailers exist in this day and age.

Granted, I and a lot of gun owners are to blame because we allowed people to charge us so much for Milsurp and we still forked over the cash due to our love of old guns and acres of lumber. I understand supply and demand very well, and after the 'Surp dried up it's understandable for the price to rise...but for the love of all things holy an $80 generic round receiver Izzy garbage rod should not be worth more than a brand new rifle.

Sorry, I started to rant, I feel better now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom