• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Want a pistol that can 'do it all', meaning to me, it is small enough to be a EDC carry gun; but large enough to be a home defense gun, AND can shoot regularly in IDPA or other tactical shooting events, like 3-gun, etc.

So, I've handled and shot all three of these guns. I narrowed the large field of guns to just these three (in no particular order):

HK VP9 -

Heckler__Koch_VP9_Striker-Fired_9mm_Pistol_9mm_Parabellum_9x19mm_NATO_4.jpg

CZ P-01 -

arsenal-0803-2.jpg

Sig P320C -

p320-compact-large.jpg

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Primary likes and dislikes (differences between them).

HK- trigger is the best, feels smaller than it is, not a fan of the luminous sights, but they are good

CZ- grip is perfect, trigger is awesome, most compact of the three (very slightly), hammer not striker, sights are too small

Sig- modular chassis, feels great too, high bore axis

All three of these are top notch pistols. Kinda comparing apples and oranges with the CZ, because its not a striker, and not a polymer. The CZ P-07 is polymer, but still has a hammer. Given only these three choices, which would you pick? I already did, only a few folks know. I waited about a year to make this decision.

Last edited:

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I think that any of the 3 would be a fine choice. I picked the Sig based on your requirements. It would be easy to change the configuration with different grips depending on the use.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Since you didn't have the option of the greatest pistol devised by man (1911), I picked the CZ. The ones I have seen and shot were very good!

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    CZ P-01 because, if necessary, you can beat the perp senseless without breaking your gun. :)

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    They're all good guns. Which one can you shoot the best with? Go with that one. You can always dress better around the gun for concealment... but weight of the Czech and blockiness of the sig may make them more difficult...although you could always toss the sig in a smaller frame for carry or bigger frame for hd/competition. ...soo.... again, go with what you shoot the best with.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Get the CZ. It's at a design apex. The VP9 (awesome gun - your friend, Blaster, clearly enjoys his) and Sig 320 are early generation guns that might see some tweaks. Like Glocks, I bet both the current generation and the next will overlap so you'll be able to choose in case you still prefer the original design.

My current favorite is an older design, a Glock 32 Gen 3. 13 rounds of 357 Sig in a compact platform is a fun thing. Some of the Underwood loadings are crazy hot (especially the extreme penetrator/defender series - better black bear defense than a 5.7 round).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I would say HK all the way! I own a P30L and love it. The VP wasn't out when I purchased the P30L. With the CZ a close second. I don't know anything about the Sig.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I think he's past puberty and wants a man's gun.
    You Sig guys take yourselves way too serious. LMAO

Intended in the most respectful way: if someone needs more than a Glock 19 to consider themselves a man the gun ain't the problem. ;)

Nothing but love for you brother.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I shot the piss out of my new VP9 yesterday and it's the bee's knees.
    Also for the first time I shot a walther p99 compact. That's my next purchase.
    I'm not going to buy one, but I shot the piss out of a Vickers g19 too. That green fiber sight was so easy to pick up. Both with no glasses, and a pair of reading glasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom