• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vietnam1965

Sep 26, 2021
    Captain Peter Adams brought back this Chinese Type 53 carbine after the end of his 3rd tour in Vietnam. He served in the U.S. Army from 1966-69 in the following units: Troop B 7th Squadron, 1st Air Cav Regiment; C Troop 3rd Squadron, 17th Air Cavalry Regiment; Troop D 6th Squadron 1st Armored Cav Regiment. Thanks to Matt for finding all this interesting information especially that Captain Adams was a direct descendant of Presidents John and John Quincy Adams.

Attachments

• IMG_3832.jpg
      IMG_3832.jpg
      64.4 KB · Views: 271
    • IMG_3833.jpg
      IMG_3833.jpg
      49.2 KB · Views: 269
    • paper2.jpg
      paper2.jpg
      64.1 KB · Views: 275
    • a5.jpg
      a5.jpg
      53.3 KB · Views: 277
    • a1(2).jpg
      a1(2).jpg
      42.5 KB · Views: 271
    • a1a.jpg
      a1a.jpg
      56.4 KB · Views: 273
    • paper.jpg
      paper.jpg
      92.4 KB · Views: 272
    • a3c.jpg
      a3c.jpg
      66.3 KB · Views: 277

Vietnam1965

Sep 26, 2021
    Bertfish - I'm constantly searching the auction sites for capture papered guns plus some dealers who I have bought from in the past keep an eye out for me. With my WWII bring backs, I usually collect one of each model unless the vet who brought it back was in an interesting outfit. I have one bring back Luger from WWII but technically I could have multiples since they seem to be the most common bring back. I also have a CZ27 bring back from a 100th Division vet and when another papered CZ came up for sale that was from a 442nd vet I just had to have it. I have a friend who researches the vets for me and he usually finds some cool information. When I bought Captain Adams Type 53, I had no idea about his military history and you can imagine I was pleasantly surprised. There seems to be a greater collector interest in these guns and the prices have been rising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom