DC's Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling on 'lockdown' after 'potential armed individual' sp

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-dcs-joint-base-anacostia-bolling-locked-down

Just came out on Fox but what caught my eye was "In a Facebook post, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling ordered the lockdown and warned personnel to run, hide or, as a last resort, fight." I knew the military was changing but in case of an attack training to hide is a bit topsy turvy. Of course its hard to fight when un-armed.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-dcs-joint-base-anacostia-bolling-locked-down

Just came out on Fox but what caught my eye was "In a Facebook post, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling ordered the lockdown and warned personnel to run, hide or, as a last resort, fight." I knew the military was changing but in case of an attack training to hide is a bit topsy turvy. Of course its hard to fight when un-armed.

This, plus the fact is that the vast majority of Air Force and Navy members are not combat personnel.

For most Navy ratings, you fire a handgun once in boot camp and could go an entire 20 or 30 year career and never touch another one... and may never touch a rifle at all. You're more likely to have to fight an oil or electrical fire than an armed human being.

We did plenty of other fun stuff though... putting out actual fires in a 20 foot diameter oil tank, egressing from closed compartments filled with thick smoke with no gear except the clothes you have on, fighting water leaks in a simulated ship engine room, and when you get to your first ship, exiting from your berthing space several decks below the water line to the exterior of the ship wearing a blindfold.

Different missions call for different skill sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom