• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lowflyer3960

Oct 6, 2017
    Charles County
    The stop work order was for the grading on the shooting area . a grading permit was obtained. The president at the time went into a panic mode and interpeted it as a no shooting order.
    A few of our current board members had a recent meeting with the county and got the ok as long as it was not open to the public..

old image before it was regrown
    View attachment 382414

Attachments

• welcome renge.jpg
      welcome renge.jpg
      230.1 KB · Views: 137

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Cool! 200yards? Steel welcome? I just emailed Dave about "re-upping"

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    The wind died down, nice cool crisp morning,,
    Thinking I will head out to do a little shooting at one of Calvert's many ranges,,,,,,,,

Opps, forgot, they are all opening next week !! :lol2:

dagoose383

Oct 4, 2022
    Port Republic
    Would be nice to have a place to shoot in Calvert that’s not somebody’s farm. You’d think the commissioners would push for one too since it fits with the whole “keep Calvert country” idea

FZRracer400!

Nov 8, 2022
    RIP MD.
    I’ve had Calvert sh.dept over my place and I mentioned wishing the ability to have my own personal little shooting lane and they said just have a good berm/backstop setup and go ahead. I’m still hesitant to just take them at their word like that, but I’ve done occasional rounds but nothing more than a couple just out of respect for my aging neighbors, who actually looked at me puzzled when I asked them about shooting. They were wondering why I even asked………damn I love Calvert. But I agree we need a place to go and setup before we get completely overrun by out of staters coming for goober mint jobs.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I’ve had Calvert sh.dept over my place and I mentioned wishing the ability to have my own personal little shooting lane and they said just have a good berm/backstop setup and go ahead. I’m still hesitant to just take them at their word like that, but I’ve done occasional rounds but nothing more than a couple just out of respect for my aging neighbors, who actually looked at me puzzled when I asked them about shooting. They were wondering why I even asked………damn I love Calvert. But I agree we need a place to go and setup before we get completely overrun by out of staters coming for goober mint jobs.
    We are 17 mile straight down RT4 to the DC line,,,, The "Establishment Crowd" is coming.
    Back when I was on FB,, They were very vocal on the Calvert group, How they wished "The Old school, back woods hicks of Calvert would just die off"

Anyhow,, Yes, Calvert sux if you are an avid shooter

dagoose383

Oct 4, 2022
    Port Republic
    Saw this on FB this evening. Hadn’t heard about it before, but just wanted to pass it on in case anyone is interested. Sounds like it’d be a pretty cool facility if it got approved.

Attachments

• C3CD8E15-165D-40B0-A636-538DC6309993.png
      C3CD8E15-165D-40B0-A636-538DC6309993.png
      137.1 KB · Views: 128

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Here is the sample letter in plain text so you can cut & paste it.
    Send it to: stacy.odonnell@calvertcountymd.gov

Sample Letter

As a Calvert County resident, I am writing in SUPPORT of the proposed Guntry of Southern MD, 62,000 Square Feet State of the Art Indoor Shooting Range located at 7625 Meadow Run Ln Owings, MD
    I understand this project is headed to the Board of Appeals for a small set back variance and I pray this variance will be approved.
    There are record numbers of new Maryland gun owners and the need for places to SAFELY train to use them properly is grossly unserserved. This facility is desperately needed in Calvert County.
    In addition this project will add 12 million in construction money to the local economy, add over $100,000 a year to the tax base, Create up to 50 full time jobs, jobs that don't require a commute to DC.
    It will be owned by two local Calvert County residents who have our community's best interest at hand. Let's keep Calvert safe by allowing this facility to be built so gun ownership remains in responsible hands.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Fix the typo…and alter the wording. Cut-and-paste jobs don’t count for much these days.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Very dissapointed this looks to be an indoor range. Especially when the location is probably close enough to hear the several full auto owners around that area letting it rip on their own back 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom