• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I guess this sums it up:

A "Copycat" is any Semi-Automatic, Centerfire Rifle that has was not grandfathered in Maryland prior 10/1/2013, has an OVERALL Length LESS THAN 29.00"+, and has more than ONE of the following features on a Rifle:
    A) Grenade Launcher
    B) Flare Launcher
    C) Flash Hider (Silencer Qualifies as a Flash Hider)
    D) Folding Stock
    E) ANY Semi-Automatic Centerfire Rifle not grandfathered prior to 10/1/2013 that has an Overall Length shorter than 29.00 is BANNED in the State of Maryland.

Semi-Automatic Assault Shotguns are BANNED in Maryland. (Unless OWNED BEFORE 10/1/2013)

An Assault Shotgun is any Semi-Automatic Shotgun that has was not grandfathered in Maryland prior 10/1/2013, and has just ONE of the following features:
    A) Folding Stock (Not Collapsible)
    B) Revolving Magazine (A.K.A. "Street Sweeper")

From Scott's Gunsmithing web site.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    The PTR-91 is a rifle not a shotgun, and it is now on the MSP banned list.

Putting the colapsable stock on a preban should be okay, but that is a question for those more knowledgeable of the law then I.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    If you had the PTR 91 before the ban there should be no problem. The rifle, no matter what features it has, is now banned so if you did not own one pre-ban then you are stuck.

About the stock though, I have not used one myself, but I have seen many reviews that it is very uncomfortable to shoot with. I thought it looked cool and was looking into getting it, but decided to go with a choate folding stock instead. It gives the compact folding and is still comfortable to shoot with based on my experience.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Collapsible stocks are not an evil feature. You can, and should put it on your PTR 91
    I'm planning on one for my CETME. I ran out of money before the ban and didn't get my PTR

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Attachments

• BN-TS795_MARX06_H_20170605193938.jpg
      BN-TS795_MARX06_H_20170605193938.jpg
      28.2 KB · Views: 227

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Legal on a pre-ban. I have some. Not comfortable but look way too cool not to own at least one. A G3KA4 is a compact thing of beauty. A fixed stock w/ hk21 buttpad is the nicest to use however.
    Hmmm, I should figure out how to put a 21 buttpad on a collapsible stock ;)

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/G3-91-PTR-Folding-Stock-114p1950.htm

This is the stock I was talking about as well. They also make a version with removable spacers to adjust the length. If it's the compactness you want, this will provide it while still shooting comfortably when shouldered. It of course does not have the same looks as the collapsible stock, but personally I still prefer the looks of this over the original fixed stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom