• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    My buddy had the same problem. We pulled the bolt out because the primer was stuck on the bolt face...turns out that the firing pin channel/hole was machined too large. Put bolt out of my rifle in it and it worked fine...no more blown primers.

vetogunban

Apr 30, 2013
    Brooklyn Park
    Is the rifle factory, franken build or just new to you? Specs of the rifle an manufacture? What lot number is the ammo?

It is a Hanover Armory build. Not sure of the lot number on the ammo, I will check tonight. I do have a few rounds from another manufacturer, not sure if I should try that first or not.

Chad would have to move to Elkton....:) Step-son used to live up there. Not a bad drive up I-95, just a few frustrating toll booths.

RetiredArmyGuy

Jan 16, 2018
    Pasadena, MD
    Please don’t fire the rifle until it is checked for headspace. It could very well be the ammo but if it’s not the ammo and the headspace is incorrect you can have a catastrophic failure which would destroy at least the upper receiver and potentially cause you injury. If you live close to Pasadena I would be more than happy to help you with checking the headspace. It would have to be next week as I don’t think I have my gauges up here in Maryland yet. I am in the process of moving my equipment and tools from VA to MD. PM me and we can work something out if you are interested. I would also like to see some pictures of the spent cases that are damaged or inspect them in person. I understand I am a newbie on this board but I am not a newbie when it comes to building, modification and repairing the AR platform. I have over 25 years of military experience in small arms maintenance and repair and for the last seven years manufacturing custom ARs in Virginia after retiring from the Army. I don’t think I am going to set up a shop up here due to all the MD firearm regulations but I don’t mind helping someone ensure they have a safe weapon that functions properly.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It is a Hanover Armory build. Not sure of the lot number on the ammo, I will check tonight. I do have a few rounds from another manufacturer, not sure if I should try that first or not.

Chad would have to move to Elkton....:) Step-son used to live up there. Not a bad drive up I-95, just a few frustrating toll booths.

I had a thread about places that put out problem AR's.

You should good AR guy/gal to check that thing out.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981